Talk

Advanced search

To ask if there are there any GPs on here?

(5 Posts)
PFB2 Sun 31-Mar-19 23:57:34

Sorry. Posting for traffic.

I have chronic urticaria and take 4x 180mg fexofenadine a day which controls it well.

A week ago I developed what I thought was an eye infection. I used eye ointment and then eye drops for it and it improved a bit. We went away for the weekend and while we were away my eyes were completely fine & clear.

We got back this afternoon and now I'm like this.

I made a judgement call and skipped one of my 4 fexofenadine tablets and replaced it with a loratadine tablet. I'm now a bit worried about whether or not i was okay to do that,

I also carry an epipen which I'll have by my bedside tonight and I'll book to see the GP in the morning.

Would it seem that this is allergic despite the high dosage of antihistamines? My eyes are extremely itchy/watery and the photo really doesn't do the swelling justice. Both eyes are actually swollen although one is much worse than the other.

CardsforKittens Mon 01-Apr-19 00:42:33

Hope you get some help at the GP. I had a friend who had something that looked like that and it was viral conjunctivitis. It got better in a few weeks. Obviously I can’t diagnose you though. Best of luck tomorrow.

ThisMustBeMyDream Mon 01-Apr-19 00:56:37

I have this issue regularly (just had the same sun-fri last week). Mine is triggered by allergies. Treatment doesn't do anything. It just settles after a week or ao usually. I've been back and forth to the GP. Sometimes they suggest blephertitis. I've had that previously, and am certain it isn't as the symptoms and discomfort present differently when I've had episodes of blepheritis. It always flares like this when I've had an allergy trigger. 2 weeks ago I was covered in hives and went to A&E with a swollen, itchy, tight throat. Then my eye goes up.... it took a while to figure out it seems allergy related.
Not medical advice, just opinion.

Tavannach Mon 01-Apr-19 00:56:57

Phone 111 if you're still worried.

PFB2 Mon 01-Apr-19 07:33:34

Still so sore today. They were all crusty when I woke up. I'm sure it's not conjunctivitis though as there is absolutely no puss. It's just crusty from where my eyes have been watery. Just hoping the GP can see me this morning 🙏🏼

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: