Talk

Advanced search

6 million and still rising . . . Time to revoke?

(344 Posts)
longwayoff Sun 31-Mar-19 14:11:17

O please lets do that. Revoke, rethink and re- refer.

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Tue 02-Apr-19 22:14:10

Wouldn't argue with the rest of it though...

Windowsareforcheaters Tue 02-Apr-19 22:15:08

I started off addressing one poster and changed half way through - apologies.

I am Brexit baffled my mind is goingsmile

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Tue 02-Apr-19 22:15:35

windows

grin

Justanotherlurker Tue 02-Apr-19 22:20:58

Yeah, you haven't understood a word I've said, have you.

I did though, you was trying to argue 6 million slakativism votes that is widely known open to abuse is somehow relevant to 17.5 million.

I understand your argument, your response just hasn't been formed via buzzfeed etc yet.

RecallRecall Tue 02-Apr-19 22:21:25

Yes obviously Rufus
But Remainers like to bang on about how uneducated Leave voters are. It’s like their mantra. As I demonstrated in this thread.
Leave voters don’t tend to bang on about demographics.
But I wanted to point out that the less educated are just as important to British society ( and therefore should be allowed an opinion) for those in Remain that forget that every now and again.

DontMakeMeShushYou Tue 02-Apr-19 22:22:09

I am Brexit baffled my mind is going

grin Aren't we all, Windows!

Windowsareforcheaters Tue 02-Apr-19 22:36:20

your response just hasn't been formed via buzzfeed etc yet

I think it's an insult but it's about as incoherent as other recent posts have been.

Recall my issue isn't when people have differing opinions - brilliant. My issue is when people state as facts opinions that are just incorrect. A leaver told me today that the "EU is a dictatorship". Now that's just wrong and it's pretty insulting to those who live in a dictatorship.

Lots and lots of Remainers on many threads have said how important it is we listen to the voices of the poor and dispossessed.

Can we be rude to the middle class educated leavers who are prepared to make the poor suffer for their grandiose notions of sovereignty?

DontMakeMeShushYou Tue 02-Apr-19 22:38:00

I did though, you was trying to argue 6 million slakativism votes that is widely known open to abuse is somehow relevant to 17.5 million.

No, again that's the complete opposite of what I said. I clearly stated that 17.5 million was completely irrelevant where this petition is concerned.

I'm not sure if you're attempting to gaslight me or whether you really are struggling to follow a fairly simple argument but there's probably not much point continuing this discussion either way.

DontMakeMeShushYou Tue 02-Apr-19 22:41:47

your response just hasn't been formed via buzzfeed etc yet

As Windows says, I think this is meant to be an insult but it doesn't work if so. Formulating a response via Buzzfeed isn't something to aspire to.

RecallRecall Tue 02-Apr-19 23:23:09

I agree about opinions being presented as facts.

Not quite sure why middle class Leavers ( or Remainers) need to be in a different bracket to any other voter. How does it matter what class you are. People voted out for a variety of reasons - not all the poor voted to get “foreigners out” and not just the middle classes voted for sovereignty.

The effects of leaving are going to differ by other factors than class. Probably location, at least in the short term.

I don’t think voters should be blamed for this mess. We were all given a vote. It went Leave. If government didn’t have the nerve to deliver it they should have made that clear much earlier on.

Caztonette Tue 02-Apr-19 23:56:39

It's interesting looking back at what people thought ought to be the governments' priority in negotiating our withdrawal, immediately following the referendum result and before Article 50 was invoked.

For a large majority (66%), the priority was access to the single market.

www.comresglobal.com/polls/bbc-news-brexit-expectations-poll/

Somehow we've gone from that to large swathes of Leave voters now feeling that 'Leave means Leave' and a desire to have a no deal Brexit.

I say, 'somehow', but in reality there are a few politicians we could likely point the finger at.

AlexaAmbidextra Wed 03-Apr-19 00:01:15

Of course not. As remainers argue that 17.2 v 16.8 million wasn’t a big enough majority how on earth can you think that 6 million signatures means that Brexit should be revoked?

Alsohuman Wed 03-Apr-19 00:57:07

We don't.

doctorsbag Wed 03-Apr-19 04:15:29

So the answer to the question in the title of the thread... is “no”.

OK move along now!

Dana28 Wed 03-Apr-19 05:48:43

If people can be arsedto sign it once they will sign it multiple times.
I think we are headed for a no deal brexit

twofingerstoEverything Wed 03-Apr-19 06:55:14

If people can be arsedto sign it once they will sign it multiple times.

This may be the way you'd behave, but most honest people would not even consider doing that. Why would anyone spend time and effort setting up mltiple email addresses to sign several times when all that would do is play into the hands of the people screaming 'it's a fake!' (and the people of the march were holograms!)

Windowsareforcheaters Wed 03-Apr-19 08:00:18

Recall

If government didn’t have the nerve to deliver it they should have made that clear much earlier on.

It was blindingly obvious during the referendum campaign that the mythical unicorn deal everyone wanted wouldn't happen. It's not lack of nerve it is that unicorns don't exist. That's why Remainers use the term unicorn and have done since before the referendum.

If you voted for unicorns when people were telling you unicorns don't exist who is at fault? The people who persuaded you to vote for unicorns or you for being gullible enough to believe in unicorns.

If you voted for a stupid idea what does that make you?

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Wed 03-Apr-19 08:29:03

This may be the way you'd behave, but most honest people would not even consider doing that

Absolutely right

DontMakeMeShushYou Wed 03-Apr-19 08:45:46

This may be the way you'd behave, but most honest people would not even consider doing that

This. I've only signed it once and haven't signed it on behalf of anyone else.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »