Talk

Advanced search

Nothing for Mother's Day, AIBU?

(7 Posts)
HelenOn Sun 31-Mar-19 12:27:51

I feel so deflated and frustrated.

I had a sleep in this morning but not before having DC for 15 minutes whilst DH carried on laying down. And then was really annoyed it was only 7.30 and didn't want to be up!

I woke up at 11ish a bit confused (obviously I had no alarm set). I heard DH downstairs hoovering and cleaning the stairs. I thought it might be a treat so he could have 'everything done' for me but it seems he was just trying to prove he can do it all like I do, and that I'm nothing special keeping a small child happy and lovely home ticking over and clean every day.

He was a bit cold and just ran DC a bath that I got in too.

Ever since he's just been asking 'So when are you going then? Have you spoken to your mum?' I've said I don't know as she isn't answering. It seems to be repetitive.

For context, me and my mum had plans for her to pick me up and I'm staying with her for a few days.

I haven't been given a single thing. Nothing. His mum was bought a giant chocolate bar and a card though sad

happymummy12345 Sun 31-Mar-19 12:31:09

My husband is at work. I got snapped at this morning as he was running late, not even a happy Mother's Day was said. No cards or presents, definitely no lie in for me. It's a normal day, I'm doing what I'd do any other day.

HelenOn Sun 31-Mar-19 12:32:16

happy it's all a bit shit, isn't it?

GiveMyHeadPeaceffs Sun 31-Mar-19 12:41:49

Hang on, you got a lie in, your DH did some housework while you slept, ran a bath that you got into and you're heading to your mum's later? No harm but I think you've done pretty well. hmm

HelenOn Sun 31-Mar-19 12:49:57

Give Bath wasn't for me. He does tidy and clean anyway, it's just that I prefer to do it. And he's in a 'mood'. So yes, I do feel like I got fuck all

HelenOn Sun 31-Mar-19 20:47:53

Okay, I take back my earlier post blush

I was just being ridiculous. I got a huge box of chocolates in the end, and this lovely card to really reflect me. Seems like it was all very well thought of after all

Newyearbollocks Sun 31-Mar-19 20:54:06

I'd give him the same treatment fathers day. I don't think YBU. It's all just pure lazy bastard itus!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: