Talk

Advanced search

AIBU Corbyn or Boris for PM is like playing 'Would You Rather'

(28 Posts)
rritchie44 Sun 31-Mar-19 11:02:14

Am I being unreasonable to think that in the event that we have an election and the two main contenders are Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn, it will be a bit like playing 'Would You Rather', the game where you are given two grim options and decide which you would rather go through with If you HAD to choose one of them. Example - Go to work completely naked from the waist down for a day or suck sick through a sweaty sock.

clockworklime Sun 31-Mar-19 11:07:51

Suck dick through a sweaty sock.

/point missed

wafflyversatile Sun 31-Mar-19 11:07:58

Yabu. Corbyn leads a party with a decent manifesto that doesn't deliberately punish the poor for being poor or promote a hostile environment to immigrants and Boris is an out and out cunt.

Siameasy Sun 31-Mar-19 11:09:53

Yep neither
What a mess

ForalltheSaints Sun 31-Mar-19 11:18:45

I hope this is never the option. I would be upset if Jeremy Corbyn became PM, but would want the Queen to exercise the Royal Prerogative and refuse the office if it were Boris Johnson. I would never want someone with such a poor grasp of detail and hissy fit tendencies as Boris to be the person deciding on whether British military personnel are deployed.

Fazackerley Sun 31-Mar-19 11:20:46

I think it will be hilarious if corbyn gets in and has to deal with brexit grin

Fazackerley Sun 31-Mar-19 11:22:59

But I agree OP it's a terrible choice.

Ronsters Sun 31-Mar-19 11:23:56

Part of me would like to see either Corbyn or Boris in power and watch them deal/struggle with Brexit. I detest the pair of them.

rritchie44 Sun 31-Mar-19 12:11:36

Excellent C bomb wafflyversatile grin

jacks11 Sun 31-Mar-19 12:28:24

I think the queen should take over if that were the choice!

Obviously I am joking and I know that couldn't happen- but she couldn't do a worse job than either of those two. Both would be disastrous for the country in my view.

Corbyn's politics scare me, although I suspect he is not the true "power behind the throne" and that's even worse. He doesn't engage in debates because he is a good orator, but that's about it. His views and politics are questionable, in my opinion. Boris shouldn't be let near power because he is more interested in what is best for him and in posturing to appear "strong" to the right wing of the Tory party. He is prone to temper tantrums and opens his mouth without engaging his brain. None of that is not befitting a Prime Minister.

I'm disappointed in both labour and conservatives thus far- this is all about playing party politics and not about anything else. We haven't got a proper statesman/woman among them and that is exactly what we need.

The referendum was only called in the first place so Cameron could settle the internal in-fighting in the Tory party. If you look at the minutes of the meetings relating to Brexit and the current debacle you'll continually see them worrying about "what is needed for the party" and not what is best for the country. And that is exactly what they are doing in general- what they think is best for the party, or their own political ideals around what Brexit should be, and nothing more.

The Labour party having been back and forth about what they think should happen and their policies, and seem to sway with the breeze. Only recently have their plans become slightly less opaque and even then I'm not convinced it couldn't/wouldn't change in the blink of an eye. Their aim has always been to trigger an election, whether or not it was the best thing for the country (and I agree now, an election would be one way forward out of this mess- but that hasn't always been the case).

A plague on both their houses, is generally how I feel about the whole thing!

billysboy Sun 31-Mar-19 12:32:15

Carlsberg dont make wankers but if they did !

JustDanceAddict Sun 31-Mar-19 12:33:48

Cunt or cunt - good choice.

BeanTownNancy Sun 31-Mar-19 12:35:24

I'm holding out hope that Corbyn is made to look much much worse by the media than he really is (I know this to be true to an extent - there is a clear media bias - but obviously can't know exactly how much is exaggerated and what is real. It's impossible to really know someone's intentions.)

Boris on the other hand gets nothing but positive press and still comes across like a complete idiot, but one who I think is actually just playing it that way to cover up some seriously sinister intentions.

These are purely unscientific gut instincts mind you. In all honesty, we need to do away with the whole political system and bring in proportional representation now the country is so clearly split. Or maybe sortition. But what we have now is so broken and not representative of "the will of the people" at all.

Rosti1981 Sun 31-Mar-19 12:38:38

Or shag, marry, die. With... Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson and Corbyn.

The80sweregreat Sun 31-Mar-19 12:39:50

I would vote labour but my candidate here would never get in.

It would be a terrible choice for people but surely people , by now, have cottoned on that Boris is a liar and not at all trustworthy?
Mind you, his sister was in a documentary about him on tv once and she said he'd stop at nothing for the top job!

JuneFromBethesda Sun 31-Mar-19 12:42:53

Well said jacks11 I agree with every word.

I was ambivalent about Corbyn before the whole Brexit nonsense, now I loathe him. He has been worse than useless. With the Tories in such disarray any vaguely competent opposition party should have been walking all over them. Instead both of the main parties are riven with infighting and not fit to govern.

Boris is a national embarrassment and utterly self-serving (like the majority of his colleagues).

I’d like Tom Watson to be PM please.

The80sweregreat Sun 31-Mar-19 12:45:16

The Lib Dem's had an AV vote in 2011. It wasn't a vote for PR so had a low turn out and people stayed with the status quo.
A vote for PR might get a bigger turn out but isn't what is on anyone's mind at the moment! It's an argument they have had since I was little and i'm old now.
First past the post is flawed but it's all we have for now.

Holidayshopping Sun 31-Mar-19 12:49:16

Suck sick though a sweaty sock or suck dick through a sweaty sock.

That’s a pretty horrible choice as well!!

RageAgainstTheVendingMachine Sun 31-Mar-19 12:56:35

I’d like Tom Watson to be PM please.

Me too. Best of a bad bunch.

Boofay Sun 31-Mar-19 13:01:04

Corbyn all the way! Anything, anyone but Boris!

I suspect Boris and the Tories would win though. Our very own Trump.

Fazackerley Sun 31-Mar-19 13:44:42

Very left wing or very right wing. Great.

We are naturally a centrist country so no good will come if this.

nancy75 Sun 31-Mar-19 13:46:51

I’m urging you all to vote for Lord bucket head - he’d be a shit as the rest of them but at least he’s quite amusing

Fazackerley Sun 31-Mar-19 13:47:28

I think he'll do rather well tbh

Persimmonn Sun 31-Mar-19 13:58:00

Corbyn. Anyone but the arse shit that illegally put us in this mess.

SilverySurfer Sun 31-Mar-19 14:23:08

As a Tory voter, voting for Corbyn would be unimaginable.................. unfortunately, so would voting for Boris. What a dilemma! I can see the election resulting in 100% spoilt ballot papers.

Nor would I suck dick through a sweaty sock, I would be far more likely to blow grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »