Talk

Advanced search

To be disturbed by copycat friend

(56 Posts)
Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 21:54:26

I go to Rome, she goes to Rome
I buy an album, she buys the same album
I post a photo of a beach, she posts a photo of a beach

No joke- I feel like everything I do, she does the same. I said I wanted to go on holiday to a certain place & next thing, she’s there!

Aibu to feel really weird about it all 😱

Chocolateisfab Sat 30-Mar-19 21:56:05

Post a pic of a brazen 'tattoo'
and stand back and wait....
Or a fake piercing?

InspectorClouseauMNdivision Sat 30-Mar-19 21:57:04

Announce you are buying a new house😁

Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 21:57:30

@chocolate I have thought about it- it’s freaking me out. Her pictures on social media were virtually the same as mine 😱

CalmdownJanet Sat 30-Mar-19 21:58:11

That sounds annoying! I'd definitely be having another baby, getting a tattoo, having my belly button pierced and going to a dump on holiday if I were you wink

Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 21:59:30

@calmdown I have honestly retreated from social media as a result as it disturbs me so much. It makes me feel a bit sick 😬

Princessmushroom Sat 30-Mar-19 22:00:35

I had this with someone. So I said I was dying my hair pink and the next week BAM her hair was pink.

Most people would tell you to just roll your eyes but this friend turned into a psycho. She got hold of our house keys, got copies made and started coming into our house when we weren’t there or when my husband was out at work (night shift) and I was home alone.

Chocolateisfab Sat 30-Mar-19 22:01:01

Remember Monday is April fool's day. Perfect time to make an announcement....

Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 22:03:22

@chocolate 😂 Am trying to think of a good one 😂

Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 22:17:44

It actually feels like I will never tell her anything again

RussellSprout Sat 30-Mar-19 22:20:18

Oh you could definitely have some fun here. Do some outlandish things to see if she copies. Increase the outlandishness until it becomes totally obvious.

WhoKnewBeefStew Sat 30-Mar-19 22:21:10

I’d have a bit if fun with her... get a rather attractive a tattoo, facial piercings, take up kick boxing, buy a particularly hideous dress, book a holiday in Beirut

Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 22:21:46

@russell it also feels like there is some weird competition going on 😱

Bagitup Sat 30-Mar-19 22:22:50

Or just end the friendship.

🤷🏻‍♀️

gamerchick Sat 30-Mar-19 22:24:10

So have a play with it. Don't freak out, get some funny feels going on.

Start with a Megadeath tattoo or something. It doesn't have to be your skin you're showing.

Chocolateisfab Sat 30-Mar-19 22:26:21

Fake a breast augmentation op!!

adulthumanwolf Sat 30-Mar-19 22:27:14

Tell her you're thinking of becoming a professional dominatrix and you're buying a pink Range Rover like Katie Price.

Grumpelstilskin Sat 30-Mar-19 22:27:56

Surely, this means you get to have fun OP... grin

Tilikum Sat 30-Mar-19 22:28:03

Post pictures of a (fake) facial piercing and allude that you've had your nips done too. See if she turns up with sore boobs (or walking like a cowboy if she tried to one-up you) and then you can give her the 'only joking' jazz hands.

ASauvignonADay Sat 30-Mar-19 22:29:59

Raise it with her, see what she says and if it gets better. If not, I think I'd back away from her. All a bit weird.

Mangetoutrodney Sat 30-Mar-19 22:33:32

@assauvingnon @bagitup that’s pretty much where I am at tbh. It’s just all too weird & makes me feel so uncomfortable so have been backing away for a long time

Raspberrytruffle Sat 30-Mar-19 22:53:52

Oh you could have such fun with this, serves her right . Although I'd take it as a compliment grin

WordInYourShellLike Sat 30-Mar-19 22:54:06

Some very realistic fake tattoos HERE OP. So much potential for devilment! grin

Raspberrytruffle Sat 30-Mar-19 22:56:37

Definitely announced on social media your getting something pierced, also mention that you have just booked a mega expensive holiday with a link , mention your changing your name to something unusual. wine

Cherrysoup Sat 30-Mar-19 22:56:59

Block her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »