Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for mum??? Groupon.

(19 Posts)
violetdazed Sat 30-Mar-19 12:11:30

I'm not sure these pics need any waffle from me. This is what Groupon are advertising as 'Gifts for Mum' this Mother's Day'.

AIBU to think TABU?

violetdazed Sat 30-Mar-19 12:12:35

There's more...

PrinceOfPies Sat 30-Mar-19 12:15:40

I don't know. It beats the facial waxing ive seen offered as a mother's day gift in the past

You're hairy mum. Spend the day ripping it of your face because it displeases me.

I was happy to see Jack daniels advertising itself as a mothers day gift though!

PrinceOfPies Sat 30-Mar-19 12:16:48

The beauty treatment stuff always seems reall passive Aggressive.

Sort your feet out mum.

Wax yourself mum

TheGrey1houndSpeaks Sat 30-Mar-19 12:18:48

Well, they’ve got the “Surprise!” element, certainly...

boringlyboring Sat 30-Mar-19 12:19:29

The same items will be ‘perfect for Christmas’ in a few months

TheGrey1houndSpeaks Sat 30-Mar-19 12:19:54

Hang on... A playpen??

MrsElizabethShelby Sat 30-Mar-19 12:59:59

I was almost excited at the thought of an airer that hangs of the back of a door thereby saving floor space. Then it wasn't one. Sad times

CheshireChat Sat 30-Mar-19 13:51:00

TheGrey1houndSpeaks as long as I am the one in the playpen and left alone, I'd be happy with that grin.

Dieu Sat 30-Mar-19 13:53:27

The mop and bucket one is an absolute disgrace!
You can bet your bottom dollar they won't be advertising that bad boy as a Father's Day gift angry

TheGrey1houndSpeaks Sat 30-Mar-19 13:54:33

grin

violetdazed Sat 30-Mar-19 14:15:29

Dieus
You can bet your bottom dollar they won't be advertising that bad boy as a Father's Day gift 

It'll be all power tools and whiskey for the dads!!!

Eminybob Sat 30-Mar-19 14:41:22

This is fucking depressing. A fucking mop bucket??? I would divorce my DH if he gave me that for mother’s day (he wouldn’t as he usually does the mopping - maybe I’ll get him one for Father’s Day)

CheshireChat Sat 30-Mar-19 14:43:36

The worst father's Day gift I've seen were kits and stuff to clean the car, not quite as bad or as pervasive, but I doubt DP would be best pleased.

LosingLola Sat 30-Mar-19 14:47:41

Someone on a Facebook selling group is advertising walking sticks as ideal mother's day presents

FromDespairToHere Sat 30-Mar-19 15:28:47

Jesus H Christ.

Jr Despair better not be taking tips from Groupon, although I suspect she's got me cake and prosecco because she wants to live till Monday!

BrendasUmbrella Sat 30-Mar-19 16:50:50

I mean, I would like an airfryer. And I'd rather get that than the absolutely nothing I am due to receive tomorrow! But I'd rather have nothing than a mop and bucket...

Gingerkittykat Sat 30-Mar-19 16:57:53

The ones that annoy me are oil of Olay. Now you can stop your mum being a wrinkled old hag!

violetdazed Sun 31-Mar-19 12:09:52

Well I asked for no gifts from my lot as we’ve got an expensive time coming up so the extra expense is unnecessary, but a painted pot from the toddler (via childminder) and a bunch of flowers and I am more than happy. (Agree- if a new mop and bucket was sat waiting for me this morning I’d be right on to the divorce lawyers!!!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »