Talk

Advanced search

To not want to move?

(20 Posts)
TheClaifeCrier Sat 30-Mar-19 10:18:17

I'm in a car park in a beauty spot. I got here at daft o clock and walked several miles. I'm now eating my very early lunch as I'm starving.

A car has pulled up and they've asked if I'm going to be moving. I said I would be in a bit but I wanted to eat first (because I've walked up a mountain and need sugar). So they are sat with their engine running angry and are now watching me eat. Which is somewhat uncomfortable.

I'm going to leave now, but part of me doesn't want to just to annoy them as they've disturbed my picnic!

Chocolateisfab Sat 30-Mar-19 10:20:25

Recline seat and close eyes.
Cf can park elsewhere.

Sirzy Sat 30-Mar-19 10:21:17

ENJoy a nice leisurely picnic. And don’t forget to get out and stretch your legs a little after before you drive home

redwoodmazza Sat 30-Mar-19 10:21:44

Is there only one parking space???

BlueMerchant Sat 30-Mar-19 10:26:52

Sit tight! Do NOT move. Recline.

ShirleyPhallus Sat 30-Mar-19 10:28:40

This?!

TheClaifeCrier Sat 30-Mar-19 10:48:04

Sorry! I meant to write "full car park". It's very small, about ten cars. Everyone local knows you have to get there before 8am to get a space. So I'm guessing they were tourists. CF tourists.

cuppycakey Sat 30-Mar-19 10:54:53

Oh I HATE this.

I have been known to walk back into shopping centres when someone does this to me.

I would get out of my car and go for another walk OP. Fuck them.

Inliverpool1 Sat 30-Mar-19 10:57:06

It’s a bit petty to stop someone else enjoyingvwgat you’ve just enjoyed yourself

TheClaifeCrier Sat 30-Mar-19 11:00:20

Inliverpool1 I didn't stop them. I actually wolfed my picnic down so I could move faster for them because they were making me feel so uncomfortable!

Inliverpool1 Sat 30-Mar-19 11:07:17

Alls well ends well then

oldfool1 Sat 30-Mar-19 11:10:21

Lesson
Here is to eat you picnic sat outside and not inside your car!

Petitprince Sat 30-Mar-19 11:14:42

Or just pull out of the space and eat your picnic so they can go on their walk? Why hog a shared resource?

Helplessfeeling Sat 30-Mar-19 11:18:22

I think you would have been a bit unreasonable if you had deliberately taken longer. Presumably if there is no where else to park they have two alternatives, drive away and not get to enjoy the beauty spot or to wait for the person they hope will be moving in a short while. I think most people would wait in the circumstances. I don't think they are being CF they just want to park up and get out there like you just have.

MardyMavis Sat 30-Mar-19 11:18:42

You were being slightly tight as not much parking you could have found a bench or something so you weren't actually in the car then they couldn't have done that...

HattieRabbit Sat 30-Mar-19 11:21:48

This happened to us in Italy. Random teen/early twenties guys standing around a free public car park ‘directing’ cars into spaces in expectation of a tip! (Small town in the countryside).

When we returned to our car after shopping and had bought sandwiches to eat as a picnic, they tried to direct a car into our (still occupied) spot. Waving us out of it, telling us to leave. 🤔 We sat there eating our sandwich and cream cakes whilst the car waited and these two guys stood in front of our car waving at us to leave.

They came and knocked on our window at one point (basically politely telling us to leave- although their English was bad)

We declined, it’s a free public car park (with lovely views) and in the end they gave up and tried to direct the waiting car elsewhere...it was very odd!

TheClaifeCrier Sat 30-Mar-19 11:25:41

oldfool1 yes good idea!

Petitprince would you have made the same argument if I had been sat outside my car as oldfool suggests? I had kicked off my walking boots, pushed my chair back for more room and had unpacked my picnic, so it wasn't a simple "pull forward" job. Plus there was no where for me to go!

Helplessfeeling I get that. It was leaving the engine running and watching me eat that riled me the most.

kaytee87 Sat 30-Mar-19 11:35:34

He's vu to have his engine running. That in itself would annoy me.

Maybe you should have said, sorry I'm not moving yet. Instead of explaining you were eating as they maybe just thought snack instead of leisurely lunch.

DrivewayDrama Sat 30-Mar-19 11:40:46

You should have just said no you weren’t leaving.

By saying yes you basically told them they could have the spot, which made them wait aggressively to try to encourage you to move out of the spot faster for them.

I probably would have made the same mistake.
I definitely wouldn’t have eaten faster though.

SEsofty Sat 30-Mar-19 11:50:29

In this scenario I imagine that they thought in a bit would be a minute or two so decided to wait with engine running.

If you had said no I’m not leaving, because you weren’t, then all drama would have been avoided

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »