Talk

Advanced search

Or is this an incredibly awkward photo?

(45 Posts)
BlackCatSleeping Sat 30-Mar-19 04:05:37

It might be just a bad photo, but I'm thinking Dec isn't quite as keen on the friendship anymore.

PregnantSea Sat 30-Mar-19 04:30:06

Looks to me like he's just trying not to laugh

SimonitesSocks Sat 30-Mar-19 04:42:05

It's certainly an unusual pose for them and I bet they (or their 'people') are very strict about what official photos are published. But it's come from the Guardian weekend magazine www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/29/ant-and-dec-we-considered-splitting-up-over-indefensible-drink-driving

BlackCatSleeping Sat 30-Mar-19 04:49:56

Maybe, it's just a joke. It's just so bizarre-looking. I don't understand why they chose it.

Flaverings Sat 30-Mar-19 04:56:58

Looks like a typical Guardian Weekend shot.

Ilove31415926535 Sat 30-Mar-19 05:36:50

While I don't think this pic means much, I do think Dec is generally pissed off with Ant for ruining a lot of their lucrative deals. I'm sure they've lost out on stuff as Ant is no longer family friendly etc. I also like to think they actually secretly despise each other and the scallywag teenage boy act on fucking everything telly is exactly that! I liked Dec with Holly on IACGMOOH (christ am I really commenting on shitty reality telly?!) and I think Dec could have used it as an opportunity to break away. But, and this bit is crucial, I don't know them! grin All my opinion, based on nothing! So take with the pinch of salt it deserves!!

DanglyBangly Sat 30-Mar-19 08:06:46

Just read the full interview. They’re very honest.

Photo in context with the others from the shoot is much better.

BillywilliamV Sat 30-Mar-19 08:12:31

You can judge precisely nothing from a photo. I have a photo of me in my wedding dress, snarling and pointing a knife at my husband’s throat. We were just about to cut the cake, the unfortunate and accidental pose looks like I am just about to kill him.

Bluntness100 Sat 30-Mar-19 08:18:01

Seriously, you need to get out more if you're trying to read something into that daft photo.

Brownpigeon Sat 30-Mar-19 08:20:12

I can't imagine they despise each other, when they chose to live very nearby and go out socially together (although, I moved away so haven't seen them since Ant got into trouble.)

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sat 30-Mar-19 08:21:47

It's definitely a joke. The Guardian magazine doesn't do normal natural photos much anyway.

BlackCatSleeping Sat 30-Mar-19 08:26:18

It's not so bad in the thumbnail, but when you click on it, Dec looks really tense and uncomfortable.

Dramatical Sat 30-Mar-19 08:28:18

It's not so bad in the thumbnail, but when you click on it, Dec looks really tense and uncomfortable.

Does he?

theresafoxunderthedecking Sat 30-Mar-19 08:28:55

never got the ott interest in either of them tbh - just more over paid tedious so called celebs.

BlueJava Sat 30-Mar-19 08:28:59

Isn't the photo just portraying (in an exaggerated way) what's the article? Ant apparently loving Dec, but Dec looking to the future and questioning his relationship with Ant?

Cranky17 Sat 30-Mar-19 08:44:32

I think it to represent that ant is hannging on to dec as really dec can do it
All on his own and Ant’s probably not a very nice person

DoubleDaffodil Sat 30-Mar-19 08:46:02

I read the Saturday Guardian every week, and this photo is absolutely typical of their style.

OP, you are reading way too much into it.

Don't you realise the photo editor will have had literally hundreds from the shoot to choose from for the cover, & it's also very likely that Ant & Dec also had a say in it.

DoubleDaffodil Sat 30-Mar-19 08:47:24

And I haven't read the Guardian article because I'm really not that interested in those 2. A bit low brow IMHO.

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Sat 30-Mar-19 08:56:46

no, nothing to be concerned about

Childlessandhappy Sat 30-Mar-19 09:01:14

It's just a joke from a 'comedic' duo.

LizzieSiddal Sat 30-Mar-19 09:04:06

Photographer....
“Ant, cup Dec’s head in your hand, close your eyes and think of the live you have for this man. Dec whimsically look Into the distance.”

Wouldn’t you look awkward being put into that pose with a work colleague?

LizzieSiddal Sat 30-Mar-19 09:04:22

*love

WillBendTheKnee4Jon Sat 30-Mar-19 09:08:46

Nah. I'm not seeing it. 🤷‍♀️

Nanny0gg Sat 30-Mar-19 09:08:54

And I haven't read the Guardian article because I'm really not that interested in those 2. A bit low brow IMHO.

Oh. 😳

Hyacintharehighersincelasttime Sat 30-Mar-19 09:12:41

it is a pose, not an offguard photograph. you can't read anything into it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: