Talk

Advanced search

Friend is OW

(180 Posts)
giantnannyknickers Sat 30-Mar-19 01:23:29

I'm so beyond frustrated with my friend, she's been having an affair for over a year with a married man. Man has a wife and 2 kids (young adult & late teens) who he says he can't leave as he doesn't want to upset the kids. I've made it very very clear to friend I don't approve of the situation. She says she is not the one who is cheating, she's single etc. Lacks any general guilt. This person is a nurse, empathetic and caring normally but in this situation she seems to have set that all aside for his family as she feels she was won a "prize" and can't believe someone like him would "choose her"

Today she bumped into the wife (knows her from online stalking) and seemed to find this quiet thrilling when regaling the story. How the wife wasn't much to look at etc. I'm beyond frustrated how can you gleam any joy from this situation?

I'm actually thinking of cutting this friend out of my life. I can't handle her talking about this anymore. It's driving me mental. What would you guys do?

giantnannyknickers Wed 10-Apr-19 11:43:00

This is the response from OW:

I know I’m sorry too. It did make me feel bad also. There are other things I found just recently too about him. No I don’t want to talk about him also. Something is going to give soon majorly when back. I feel bad for you too. It’s awful and I’m sorry for being insensitive about it. I’m in a bit of a head fuck about it too, really I will be having words with him.

Again I’m sorry for going on about Cheater. I too have been reflecting a lot believe me.
You look after yourself. See you when I’m back.

Mememeplease Wed 10-Apr-19 12:12:57

It's as a good a response as you are going to get. I wonder what is going to give soon. Don't ask though.

I hope you can get past this now. Good people do sometimes make stupid mistakes. Let's hope she learns from hers.

BlueSkiesLies Wed 10-Apr-19 12:21:08

Sounds like she acted like that to try make herself feel better. That is a nice enough response I think.

giantnannyknickers Wed 10-Apr-19 23:34:45

Yeah I thought it was a good response also but it's also one I've heard multiple times before now. So I'm not actually sure anything will change. And it's not for me to dictate that change.

I think ultimately distancing myself from the situation is the best going forward.

BloodyDisgrace Thu 11-Apr-19 11:07:30

I think I'd be disgusted in the end, especially about her bragging, and stop being her friend. There's not point in being friends with someone whom you dislike a lot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »