Talk

Advanced search

to be jealous?

(8 Posts)
tempertantrum2 Fri 29-Mar-19 18:42:56

DH and I both work at the same school. He is in a more senior position than I and has more responsibility. I work part time as we have young DC.

I have grown a bit jealous of his relationship with a younger colleague that works beneath him. For instance, today at work I saw them laughing together about something at one point, then later on during the day he went up to her and said something and she jokily pushed him back. When he was leaving work at the end of the day I also saw him smile and wink at her as he left.

I don't know if I'm feeling irrationally jealous or something is actually going on to be worried about. Do you think this is normal behaviour? She is at least 10 years younger than him/us. sad

Pa1oma Fri 29-Mar-19 19:00:14

It’s hard to say without knowing him and being there to be honest OP. What is he normally like around other women? Is this behaviour out of character?

greenpop21 Fri 29-Mar-19 19:08:02

Laughing and joking is inevitable. Winking is questionable unless he does this regularly with other people.

Durrt Fri 29-Mar-19 19:16:02

Tough call, it could be something but it could also be absolutely nothing.

The point is, it's making you unhappy and that needs to be addressed. Talk to him.

A (male) work colleague of mine winks at me, often when we pass in the corridor for example. It's totally a platonic way of saying 'hi' between us. Nothing at all going on whatsoever.

Prequelle Fri 29-Mar-19 19:17:15

I think I would be jealous too. It could be (and probably is) completely innocent - although the wink is a bit far - but we can't help how we feel.

Prequelle Fri 29-Mar-19 19:18:27

Actually the joking pushing sounds a bit flirty to me. But maybe I'm imagining it incorrectly.

Bluntness100 Fri 29-Mar-19 19:20:01

No one here can guess op, he may be flirting or it may be your insecurities andjealousy. Laughing and joking is fine, and yes people wink, it doesn't mean they wish to shag each other or would.

Talk to him, tell him how you're feeling. Don't demand he can't talk to her or any such shit, but do try to understand if this is about you and your insecurities or him and inappropriate behaviour.

lionsbabies Fri 29-Mar-19 19:45:13

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... sounds like flirting to me. You're not blind you know what you've seen, why are you trying to make it ok?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »