Talk

Advanced search

House of Fraser 😩😩

(16 Posts)
TheFunkyFox Fri 29-Mar-19 16:41:45

Ordered a wedding suit and returned the same day as delivery two weeks ago. Still no refund and can not find anyway to contact them at all!

TheFunkyFox Fri 29-Mar-19 16:42:23

Sorry pressed post!

Aubu to think, wtf. No posts on Facebook since 2018 either!

StoneofDestiny Fri 29-Mar-19 17:05:24

Hope you paid on a credit card (not a Frasercard).
I'd not buy off them now - their return policy has changed and too many reports ofundelivered/unrefined goods are surfacing.

TheFunkyFox Fri 29-Mar-19 17:19:20

No by debit card 😩😩😩

Home77 Fri 29-Mar-19 17:40:48

Since it's been taken over things have gone down hill

DontCallMeShitley Fri 29-Mar-19 17:52:31

I often pass Mike Ashleys huge mansion in Totteridge and am increasingly annoyed at the rip off that cost me a lot of money when he bought HOF.

Will never use anything he owns again.

Downinthetubestationatmidnight Fri 29-Mar-19 18:07:04

There's something strange going on at H of F. I was shopping there a couple of weeks ago and the lady being served in front of me collected 2 dresses she had ordered online, she mentioned she would try them on at home and bring back for a refund if unsuitable. The Shop assistant said the refund would be via a gift card which the customer was really taken aback with. I was told I couldn't use my loyalty card and a £5 voucher I got when ordering online had to be used within 10 days.

WatershedMoment Fri 29-Mar-19 18:30:25

The HOF stores are morphing into Sports Direct since Mike Ashley took over.
Today in a large HOF it was so sad to see the state of what used to be my favourite shop. Full of Lonsdale tracky bottoms and Karrimor vests. Empty Chanel stand. Furniture section all gone, replaced by hectares of cheapo suitcases. Empty Armani perfume testers. Etc etc.

WatershedMoment Fri 29-Mar-19 18:31:12

Returns are now within 14 days instead of the previous 28 days.

woodhill Fri 29-Mar-19 18:33:55

A colleague had no luck using a HOF gift card at her local store from Christmas. They used to be marvellous online and had lovely things

StoneofDestiny Fri 29-Mar-19 18:37:37

Returns are at your own expense and you cannot return on line goods to the store.

The shops have the feeling like the last days of BHS

monkeysox Fri 29-Mar-19 19:42:29

H of f are shit now I use debenhams instead

Monstermissy36 Fri 29-Mar-19 19:54:35

Our HofF is looking dreadful, half empty, lots of sportswear appearing. I spent 10 mins looking for a till to pay for something... it's soul has gone!

flirtygirl Fri 29-Mar-19 19:55:48

People have been finding refunds, gift cards and online shopping awful, I call it the Mike Ashley effect.
Sorry op but have you not seen it everywhere since they were taken over so why order anything from there?

People have to boycott as nothing will change until he feels it in his own personal pocket.

Demand better by choosing not to spend your money there or sports direct.

He trying to do the same to Debenhams and if successful then the same would apply.

TheFunkyFox Fri 29-Mar-19 21:42:49

No I hadn’t seen anything 😩😩

Mammajay Fri 29-Mar-19 21:45:46

You still have financial cover from your bank for some debit card purchases. Phone them and ask.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »