Talk

Advanced search

What do you want to hear/talk/brag about besides fucking Brexit?

(27 Posts)
Pinkbutton85 Fri 29-Mar-19 10:56:04

I'm in the south east and the weather is lovely. I have 2 loads of washing on the line! I'm also eating a cheese and cucumber sandwich in Aldi's tiger bread and that's lovely too!

DarlingCoffee Fri 29-Mar-19 17:31:31

What’s everyone up to for the Easter holidays?

1CantPickAName Fri 29-Mar-19 17:34:35

Kids at their dad’s for the night, so sitting in the garden with a glass of wine, listening to the birds.....bliss!!

massistar Fri 29-Mar-19 17:36:30

It feels like summer is on the way! Washing hung outside. DC lingering at park on way home from school. Nice cold beer in the garden.

Bestest Fri 29-Mar-19 17:40:02

Yes, spring is definitely in the air flowers.

Also looking forward to the clocks going back on Sunday.

HJWT Fri 29-Mar-19 17:40:07

Had a nice day by the seaside and even had a Nando's 😁 looking forward to sitting my ass in the garden tomorrow whilst DD plays 😍

polarpig Fri 29-Mar-19 17:40:40

I failed all my GCSEs and left school at 16 but today I got a A in my university essay at postgraduate level.

GoGoGadgetGin Fri 29-Mar-19 17:43:51

I have heard that while China were the inventors of paper the UK apparently did not have paper until 500-600 years ago according to CBBC.... Had no idea so l need to go and Google more!

KindergartenKop Fri 29-Mar-19 17:44:39

I had a great idea which solved a massive problem at work and then bashed the whole thing out in an hour.

GoGoGadgetGin Fri 29-Mar-19 17:46:47

Well cbeebies, that is, what did Chaucher write on then l wonder!

INeedAWittyNameChange Fri 29-Mar-19 17:47:26

Bestest assuming you're in the UK, the clocks go forward on Sunday not back smile

Rottencooking Fri 29-Mar-19 17:50:05

My passport somehow ended up in another guys tray going through security and I was walking around blissfully unaware until he came running up to be to ask me if it was mine. blush I hold on to my useless shop receipt but that I don't notice?

x2boys Fri 29-Mar-19 17:51:30

Nice weather here too in the North West of England, we had a takeaway for tea ,I'm wondering if it's too early for a glass of wine?

x2boys Fri 29-Mar-19 17:54:06

Oh and our schools have very odd Easter holidays this year they break up next week and go back the day after Easter Monday confused

AFOLNerd Fri 29-Mar-19 17:58:09

I didn’t get round to taking all my holiday allowance last year so they paid me it!
Which was a lovely surprise in my bank account this morning.
Now deciding what to spend surprise £ on.

MinnieMountain Fri 29-Mar-19 17:59:59

DH is back from a week of skiing tomorrow smile

What would people recommend I get myself from M&S as a Sunday breakfast? Must require toasting at most.

TheLastNigel Fri 29-Mar-19 18:03:44

They wrote on vellum before they wrote on paper I think...

AngeloMysterioso Fri 29-Mar-19 18:05:15

Literally anything?! I decided at the beginning of this week to start hiding Brexit related threads on AIBU because I got so sick of them- so far I’ve hidden 20 threads!

Having an ultrasound scan tomorrow at 10+3 weeks pregnant- the plan is to frame the pictures and give them to my DM and MIL on Sunday to tell them our news grin

SuzieBishop Fri 29-Mar-19 18:07:30

I’ve spent all day watching Paw Patrol with poorly DC but my neighbour has dropped round a basket of skincare stuff so I’m going to have a pamper after I escape the house on a trip to the supermarket!

Bunchofparsley Fri 29-Mar-19 18:16:40

I met an ex-colleague today. We've both moved on to new posts elsewhere, but it turned out I knew an enormous amount about his new role, knowing all the people involved at his level and much, much higher. He looked at me with amazement and said, "Oh my goodness, I had you wrong! I had no idea you knew, like, anyone!"
It did make me smile. FS.

x2boys Fri 29-Mar-19 18:17:22

Congratulations Angelo yeah I keep.hiding Brexit threads lost count tbh!

GoGoGadgetGin Fri 29-Mar-19 18:22:01

Oo thanks Nigel!

polarpig Fri 29-Mar-19 18:57:35

Having an ultrasound scan tomorrow at 10+3 weeks pregnant- the plan is to frame the pictures and give them to my DM and MIL on Sunday to tell them our news grin

grin Congrats smile

BikeTart Fri 29-Mar-19 19:19:54

I did 22 miles on my bike today, along lovely cycle path by a river and through local woods connecting my town with the next city. Sat by the river and ate a piece of home made banana and walnut loaf cake.

It was absolutley heavenly.

Marchinupandownagain Fri 29-Mar-19 19:48:32

Started my sabbatical that may turn into retirement this afternoon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »