Talk

Advanced search

Teachers, can you give me examples of targets you’ve been set

(4 Posts)
ShinyMe Fri 29-Mar-19 17:24:14

Teachers where I work have targets like "x percent of students to achieve y (high) grade at end of year" or "no more than x percent of students to achieve z (low) grade", or "minimum 60% of students to describe teaching as good or excellent in end of year survey", or "no more than x percent of students to leave the course before the end of the academic year".

Loveglee Fri 29-Mar-19 07:39:44

Thanks Lonecat. So success should be measurable in some way. That’s as I thought. At the moment it’s ‘not good enough’, but given the target was achieved, the end result was good and parents were happy, I can’t see how I am supposed to prove I have improved in the future.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 29-Mar-19 07:37:16

Targets should always be specific, measurable, achievable and realistic. Rule one of management. To be better is maybe specific can not be measured so it is impossible to know if it is achievable or realistic.

Loveglee Fri 29-Mar-19 06:43:57

Posting for traffic, sorry! I have been given a very general target for next year, along the lines of ‘be better’ in a certain area. This is unreasonable, in my opinion, as it isn’t in any way measurable and my pay is dependant on it. Are your targets more quantifiable? Although I teach I don’t work in a school and I have no one else to ask unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »