Talk

Advanced search

Hoarding: What can you not throw out or give away?

(6 Posts)
Boredgiraffes Fri 29-Mar-19 02:21:44

My hubby nags me as our storeroom is full of boxes never opened. I can’t let them go thought. So to my shame I hoard Beanie babies. Anyone else unable to let go?

Boredgiraffes Fri 29-Mar-19 03:40:44

Also weird sad Christmas decorations which will never be displayed again

Boredgiraffes Fri 29-Mar-19 03:42:04

And is ok, I accept I’m alone in my weirdness smile

Princessmushroom Fri 29-Mar-19 03:50:42

I can let go, my problem is being unable to stop myself when I spot a bargain.

Let’s say Yankee candles. I always have a jar burning. So when I spot the large jars for £8 or less I have to buy a ton. Same with the yellow sticker shelf - if we will use it then I will clear the shelf (sorry, I’m THAT) person.

I’ve traced it back to having lost everything as a teenager. I’m working on it and actively decluttering all the time and trying not to buy 10 Yankee Candles or whatever when one will do.

VanessaShanessaJenkins Fri 29-Mar-19 04:42:45

You need to read marie kondo's books. Honestly. They will help.

dancinfeet Fri 29-Mar-19 07:08:32

art and craft stuff. I've accumulated s much stuff from making costumes for my dance school over the years, I have drawers and boxes stuffed with ribbons, lace, sequins, bows, feathers, glues, numerous glue guns, a hot stones gun. Plus all the stuff from when I went through a card making phase, and my latest craft hobby which involves sewing.

I love making things, but I don't really have the time to do it, and it makes my house so cluttered and messy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: