Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming at this

(12 Posts)
Littleteacup1 Thu 28-Mar-19 23:41:21

I’ve juts got over a massive 8 day migraine along with an ongoing 7 month period. This morning I started with a bit of a cough and now I have an awful sore throat and have found 3 spots on my throat although not tonsils as I don’t have any. My team leader has had a sore throat and went to docs thought nothing of it but she’s gone round telling everyone and told me in a meeting that she has a virus and doc advised her to take atleast two days off as it’s contagious. She said she didn’t want to let us down as a team.I’m fuming just had a meeting about my sickness at work so can’t really afford to take another day off and I’m supposed to be working all weekend and have a course on Saturday job is also phone based.

Littleteacup1 Thu 28-Mar-19 23:42:23

She also claimed she didn’t think it was a virus as she’s already feeling better and she thinks it was just tonsillitis

SpoonBlender Thu 28-Mar-19 23:43:49

Obviously you've caught her virus and need to take two days off as it's contagious. Her own silly fault for having a meeting with you.

Sounds like you've got something pretty bad going on yourself, tbh - have you been taking your multiday migraine and half-year period to the docs?

BloodsportForAll Thu 28-Mar-19 23:44:07

Be blunt with her.
That's shit, she was told to stay off. Now you're sick.

IncrediblySadToo Thu 28-Mar-19 23:46:30

I’d be blunt with her and she’d consider herself lucky if that was blunt words and not a blunt instrument. Stupid bloody idiot.

Seniorcitizen1 Thu 28-Mar-19 23:48:42

In any of my staff come into work with streaming cold or any other illness that they can pass to colleagues I give them a bollicking and send them home not to return until fully fit. They have no excuse as they are paid when off sick. By coming in, rather than staying off, they are letting us down

Littleteacup1 Fri 29-Mar-19 09:36:22

Woken up with a worse throat

Tomtontom Fri 29-Mar-19 09:39:39

Are you seeing your doctor about the longer term issues teacup? Migraines can be hormone related too.

Reaa Fri 29-Mar-19 09:40:45

Sounds like Acute Pharyngitis, if it's bacterial you will need antibiotics.

NChangeForNoReason Fri 29-Mar-19 10:31:28

* In any of my staff come into work with streaming cold or any other illness that they can pass to colleagues I give them a bollicking and send them home not to return until fully fit. They have no excuse as they are paid when off sick. By coming in, rather than staying off, they are letting us down*

^^This!!!! I always send people home if they are sick as I find it extremely disrespectful to knowingly put other peoples health at risk.

Take the time off and tell them it's because you have caught X's cold.

Littleteacup1 Fri 29-Mar-19 11:05:43

Yeah I’m seeing a doc for issues also had surgery

SpoonBlender Sat 30-Mar-19 18:02:43

Get well soon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: