Talk

Advanced search

To be grumbling about Mother's Day already

(4 Posts)
Mummy428 Thu 28-Mar-19 22:49:36

I told DH I didn't want anything except a card, cup of tea, and a nice day out with our toddler. But DH isn't listening and hasn't actually planned anything. His boss asked us both to lunch on Sunday, and we both didn't realise until yesterday that it would fall on Mother's Day, so that's how we're spending our day. He also keeps running gift ideas by me, which is super sweet but if he was set on the idea then why not surprise me? As it is, it's now too late to get it for Sunday (he told me). He's either set me up for a big surprise or a big telegraphed disappointment.

Ribbonsonabox Thu 28-Mar-19 22:53:05

YANBU
My husband is working all weekend 6am until 8pm... and I will be alone with my 3yo and 8month old. Hooray lol!
He only bought a card for his own mother today from the supermarket coz I reminded him... so I dont hold out much hope for me tbh!

GreenTulips Thu 28-Mar-19 22:55:22

Same here. One day and it’s jusr a big disappointment.

Nicknacky Thu 28-Mar-19 22:57:28

Don’t big it up with wanting presents etc. Just keep it simple and then you won’t be disappointed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »