Talk

Advanced search

To think I was getting the cold shoulder?

(9 Posts)
stupidfeelings Thu 28-Mar-19 21:25:20

Went out last night with friends from work. Dinner, drinks to watch some footie. Home by 9:30. Got home, DH barely acknowledged me, wouldn't look at me just generally looked pissed off. Wouldn't engage me in conversation. The only response I could get out of him was, could I sort his step mum out some flowers. Same this morning when I left for work. Brought him coffee and barely got a grunt out of him. AIBU to think I can go out with friends without getting this type of treatment.

cheeserolls Thu 28-Mar-19 21:29:14

You shouldn't be sorting out any flowers for him or taking him coffee if he's being like that !

Had a similar situation once. Evening out was proceeded by screaming row about me going out with a group including a man.

We are long separated now and getting divorced....

cheeserolls Thu 28-Mar-19 21:30:51

I should say I had the same cold shoulder afterwards. As you described

Mummadeeze Thu 28-Mar-19 21:32:09

I feel your pain. Got in a 9.30pm tonight after going to an exhibition after work with a friend and my partner won’t acknowledge or talk to me either. I know it is a control thing and I have had to develop a thick skin ignore him back. He would rather I was a full time Mum who only left the house to go to work and came straight home every night. I need a social life so continue to go out every now and again. I don’t know about your partner but mine is very hypocritical because it is fine for him to go out whenever he pleases.

Mummadeeze Thu 28-Mar-19 21:32:55

I meant 9pm

stupidfeelings Thu 28-Mar-19 21:32:55

He plays sport on a Friday night, so I'm home alone. I would never give him the same treatment .....

Mummadeeze Thu 28-Mar-19 21:35:04

It is a hard life being with someone like this. He is never happy for me when good things happen to me either. He is competitive and very much into tit for tat. I sympathise but don’t give him attention.

WifOfBif Thu 28-Mar-19 21:37:00

Why are you with men that treat you this way?

DisastrousBee Thu 28-Mar-19 21:39:52

Fuck’s sake. What is it with men who think their partners should never go out alone? I often go out with colleagues and friends on my own, and I meet people for gaming and DH has no problem with it at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: