Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be absolutely mortified at accident

(56 Posts)
BlinkingBrexit Thu 28-Mar-19 18:05:43

This may be TMI but I am a bit upset and looking for reassurance ! After a few near misses lately have actually just full on wet myself in a public place . I am mortified - notbheard of anyone else having done it so just need a hand hold to tell me I am not the only one. For background, 41 , 3 children and never done it before and I had only gone for a wee 20 minutes before sad

MadAboutWands Thu 28-Mar-19 18:48:45

Gusset grippers was (Still is?.) a MNtter too. At some point, she used to give lots of very good advice in that subject.

OP fwiw, I’ve done that too. So so embarrassing blush

BlinkingBrexit Thu 28-Mar-19 18:49:08

Pink daffodil you sound like a lovely GP ! Thanks everyone - I am massively reassured rockinhippy that sound particularly traumatic poor u !! And jointhedots thank you- such an innocuous think choking on a mint ....going to be on my guard now smile going to read up on that website and pop into gp tomorrow . Now the shame is receding a little . Love Mumsnet for help it's the best xxxxx

BlinkingBrexit Thu 28-Mar-19 18:50:47

So will rule out medical stuff and start a proper pelvic floor routine - always been a but hit and miss with that tbh.

AlexaAmbidextra Thu 28-Mar-19 18:52:12

Isn’t it a sad day when a woman comes on here for support for what is a common problem and some people are concerned about perverts? Well if any pathetic men get off on this sort of thing I say let them wank away until their dick drops off. It doesn’t affect anyone here that some sicko is pulling his plonker behind a computer screen and it shouldn’t mean that women are put off posting on an anonymous forum for help and advice.

Melroses Thu 28-Mar-19 18:53:52

Done that blush

Mine is definitely linked to hormones - been better since hrt and local oestrogen.

Don't make the mistake of not drinking - I find that a day of drinking plenty of water has a very good effect.

clairemcnam Thu 28-Mar-19 18:55:45

This can happen with a bad uti as well.

YouTheCat Thu 28-Mar-19 18:55:50

What Melroses said. If you don't drink enough it can irritate your bladder and make it worse.

Tillyop Thu 28-Mar-19 19:01:15

I think some posters are wary as there was a well known pee troll who posted similar OPs hoping others would share their stories

Not saying the troll is you op

thedisorganisedmum Thu 28-Mar-19 19:03:38

Even if the OP was a troll, but the story could help other women to seek help, it would still be worth keeping the thread.

RockinHippy Thu 28-Mar-19 19:04:58

Oh I nearly forgot. Get your vitamin D checked too.

I was down for surgery for all sorts of prolapse problems that caused this for me. I switched my prescription Vitamin D to a high dose natural D3 with magnesium & a bit of fat such as coconut oil & I was gobsmacked that it really helped the prolapse stuff & weak bladder too. I didn't get the surgery, but haven't needed it

OldAndWornOut Thu 28-Mar-19 19:05:30

I quite regularly 'dribble' and coughing, sneezing and so on can lead to rather more, as is the case with all (I only have 2, actually) of my friends.

BlinkingBrexit Thu 28-Mar-19 19:07:13

No that's ok - am not offended - I understand the suspicion. I had no idea people actually did that! 🙄 so I deliberately have not drunk as much lately because I suppose it was in the back of my mind . So like Melrose said - maybe that's the wrong way round. My job involves house visits and I always drink less so I don't have to ask to use their loos !

Plurabelle Thu 28-Mar-19 19:08:56

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XODY8eqbG4I

Alsohuman Thu 28-Mar-19 19:18:21

You have my sympathy. Several of my friends and I joke that we keep Tena Lady in business. We all have stories like yours. You’re definitely not alone.

Knittedfairies Thu 28-Mar-19 19:20:42

Go and see your GP who will definitely not be 'totally nonplussed' as mentioned upthread!

Pinotjo Thu 28-Mar-19 19:21:31

Welcome to my world! I dare not laugh, sneeze or cough. While you wait to see your GP do your pelvic floor exercises. I wet myself in town whilst wearing light blue jeans, daughter drove 3 miles to pick me up and drive me a quarter of a mile to the carpark to get my car, travelled home sat on a carrier bagsmile

BlinkingBrexit Thu 28-Mar-19 20:08:56

Oh my life that Scottish lady is BRILLIANT! How awesome is she ! Made me laugh out loud and love the way she says pish grinand I could actually cry at the relief at reading your stories - thank you all so much for taking the time to post flowers.

eightytwenty Thu 28-Mar-19 20:13:42

gussiegrips - am I right that this is your ‘bag’?

JustTwoMoreSecs Thu 28-Mar-19 20:27:58

OP, I’ll tell you my shameful secret, I once weed myself in the elevator back to my flat. DH was with me blush

JustTwoMoreSecs Thu 28-Mar-19 20:33:46

Posted too soon, I am talking full on weeing, puddle on the floor etc. I ran inside to get changed and went straight out to clean the floor but DH had done it already.
He had clear instructions never to mention it (6y ago, so far so good)
Anyway, I hope it makes you feel better, it happens!

BlueMerchant Thu 28-Mar-19 20:36:27

I once did it at a posh wedding. It was actually trickling down my bare legs I to my sandals. Had to stuff my underwear with loo roll and sit soggy through the disco.

Haworthia Thu 28-Mar-19 20:40:21

It doesn’t affect anyone here that some sicko is pulling his plonker behind a computer screen and it shouldn’t mean that women are put off posting on an anonymous forum for help and advice.

No.

It’s NOT OK that Mumsnet is teeming with perverts who encourage women to feed their fetish by providing anecdotes under the guise of giving advice.

You might be totally comfortable with men wanking over your posts but I am not.

Nomorepies Thu 28-Mar-19 20:41:55

OP this can happen with a water infection- easily fixed with anti- biotics. See your GP

WinkysTeatowel Thu 28-Mar-19 20:53:34

I would recommend the NHS Squeezy app for a good Pelvic Floor Exercise routine including reminders.

Supersimpkin Thu 28-Mar-19 20:55:13

I don't know anyone who hasn't wet themselves. Men do it too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »