Talk

Advanced search

Are children allowed to do what they like

(11 Posts)
madmumofteens Thu 28-Mar-19 17:45:52

Whilst in Superdrug today a woman was getting her eyebrows done meanwhile both her young kids were running up and down and playing with all the makeup testers am I just a grumpy old git as I would never have allowed my kids to do that!!

LettuceP Thu 28-Mar-19 17:48:56

Saw a little kid riding a bike in sainsburys today hmm

madmumofteens Thu 28-Mar-19 17:54:03

LettuceP it's outrageous isn't it I got the rage and complained in a very loud voice to the girl on the till and glared at the mum I need to get a grip lol!

RaininSummer Thu 28-Mar-19 17:55:53

Bad parenting but I am more amazed that eyebrows can be done in Superdrug. Who knew?

Supercuts Thu 28-Mar-19 18:01:08

Waxed or threaded?

misses point

madmumofteens Thu 28-Mar-19 18:27:24

Threaded lol

TopBitchoftheWitches Thu 28-Mar-19 18:32:42

I was in Sainsbury's last week and a little girl fell off her scooter which she was riding around the store. hmm - I did do that face.

CharminglyGawky Thu 28-Mar-19 18:48:49

There were scooters in ikea on Tuesday hmm

A few years ago I nearly got run over by a small boy on a tricycle in Homebase, it had a really wide central aisle that ran the full length of the shop and with the super smooth floors he was going very fast and was surprisingly quiet! The parents were smiling indulgently at him and glared at me for nearly causing a crash by walking out in front of him angry

I don't get it, how can anyone think that wheeled toys are ok in shops? It makes no sense whatsoever! If a kid has cycled/scooted to a shop then I can see that maybe they don't want to leave them unattended outside the shop, but if they are old enough to be safe on pavements then they are old enough to push it along by their side carefully as they walk around the shop!!!

YouTheCat Thu 28-Mar-19 18:52:07

Do you not realise that the entire world is a playground? Everywhere has to be kid friendly or they might implode. Fed up with the self-entitled attitude of some parents.

Shocksandboooos Thu 28-Mar-19 19:09:45

A child punched me today. He must have been about 5. Walked over to where I was playing with ds and just thumped me.
His mum has the cheek to scowl at me when I said ‘No! Do not do that again!’, in a loud voice.

Shocksandboooos Thu 28-Mar-19 20:54:47

Just to answer the actual question though. No, I don’t think that most children are allowed to do what they like. I think that there are a very small minority of parents who do not do the job properly, for whatever reason, and therefore a minority of children do not know how to behave.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »