Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask for your amazing travel must haves

(10 Posts)
Iwannabail Thu 28-Mar-19 13:41:01

Posting here for traffic. Wise mums please can you let me know your amazing travel hacks/products. I have a 4month old and 5 year old and need ideas for how to reduce the amount of crap I need to take in a car and find ways to keep 4 month old from screaming the car down and the 5 year old from moaning she is bored every 2 mins!

So lovely mumsnetters, What products or hacks have you done that has made travelling with kids a joy (ha). I am looking for

1. Smart Packing ideas for toys and baby shit (how do I avoid taking everything and the kitchen sink when it comes to the baby - even the bloody baby bath is huge!)

2. Keeping the peace in the car..

Would love to hear about your favourite things.

Thanks!!

sleepismysuperpower1 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:37:40

i have this hung on the back seat- one for each child. they are fab, especially as they have a tablet slot which allows me to pop a movie on and they don't have to hold the ipad. it also means i put other activities and snacks in there so they are in easy reach.

Jebuschristchocolatebar Thu 28-Mar-19 17:16:43

Microwave sterilizer bags are good if you need to clean bottles. Does the baby need a bath or can you not just wash them in the sink for the few days you are away?
If
You are going anywhere you can wash and dry stuff then pack the minimum and bring a plastic bag with detergent pods.
We do a fair bit of travel with kids and I always pack an emergency plastic bag in the car with spare clothes and wipes etc which is accessible on the side of the road after someone has (insert sick, shat, spilled) themselves.

Iwannabail Thu 28-Mar-19 18:31:11

Thanks the over the seat things is great!

Lou573 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:32:17

We have an inflatable bath - used for years and takes up minimal space

Lou573 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:32:29

For the baby I mean, not us!

Jackshouse Thu 28-Mar-19 18:36:21

Is there an actual bath that you can bath the baby in? Dummy and mirror to keep the baby happy in the car seat.

Hollowvictory Thu 28-Mar-19 18:39:00

Dvd player with screens on the back. Of the front seats. With headphones (for the 5 year old obviously not dvd for baby)

Iwannabail Thu 28-Mar-19 18:39:19

Thanks everyone. Super useful ideas

clairedelalune Sun 31-Mar-19 00:25:04

Packing cubes are brilliant as you can eg put tshirts in one, trousers in another and find everything easily.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »