Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect people to open their own sodding doors!!!!

(10 Posts)
mother2b Wed 11-Jul-07 16:38:03

Dont get me wrong i dont mind opening doors for people usually, but it has got to the point where i end up holding the door for person after person, i am polite so would dream of telling them to open the other door, yes we have double doors and they will stand and wait for me to open the door so they can squeeze through before me, lazy b@stards

btw i know this is stupid and petty but it pisses me off, i feel like a doormat people wipe their feet on on their way through

Skribble Wed 11-Jul-07 16:40:38

Is this at work ? when you say we have double doors?

I hold it for the person behind me and then let go, if they are older they get to go first.

mother2b Wed 11-Jul-07 16:41:33

yeah at work

theressomethingaboutmarie Wed 11-Jul-07 16:55:17

I've always been polite enough to hold the doors for people and frankly, have expected them to say thank you. In a previous employer, there used to be a "lady" who never thanked or even acknowledged the fact that I'd held the door for her. She soon started reacting when I let the door go as soon as she approached.

Skribble Wed 11-Jul-07 16:56:08

What job do you do? is opening the door for customers part of it?

Skribble Wed 11-Jul-07 16:57:10

I have done some shifts that basicly involve me being a doorstop and it is no fun. I don't mind opening doors though as long as I don't have to stay attached to it and have othe things to do too.

mother2b Wed 11-Jul-07 17:03:33

i work in a bloody call centre
seem to hold the door open for most of it

Idreamofdaleks Wed 11-Jul-07 17:11:07

do they say thank you

Skribble Wed 11-Jul-07 17:11:24

Why do you have to hold the door open, surely hold it for next person the carry on walking?

aloha Wed 11-Jul-07 17:13:01

What you do is hold it by the end of your fingers as they approach with an 'i'm in a bit of a hurry' kind of way, then when they come close to the door or are just starting to pass through you smile broadly and let go. There is nothing remotely rude about that and it does work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now