Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with Sports Direct

(27 Posts)
jessicawessica Wed 27-Mar-19 23:57:44

I ordered somethings online from their website yesterday.
Put my order in at 11.05am and paid £6.99 for next day delivery (order before 7pm to get this service).
Stayed in all day today as day off work.
Nothing!
Got email from them an hour ago to say my order was being shipped.
No idea when it's coming and have work tomorrow which is why I chose today for delivery.
I will most likely "not be in" when they do get their arses into gear and will miss delivery due to work.
Anyone else had this?
WTF did they charge me for next day delivery when they had no intention of sending it the next day?
I ordered over £100 worth of stuff and it's supposed to be for a birthday present before Saturday.
Am so pissed as it seems I have waited in for nothing AND paid extra for the privilege!

HollyCat91 Thu 28-Mar-19 00:05:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NellaBonella Thu 28-Mar-19 00:08:46

Holly your 15 year old child had to do P.E in their underwear?!

UnWilly Thu 28-Mar-19 00:11:18

PSA that there is a regular PE in underwear troll.

Not accusing OP or PP, but we probably don't want to inadvertently feed it

Lovingbenidorm Thu 28-Mar-19 00:14:04

HollyCat91
You are either very new here or a total perv 🤔

DramaAlpaca Thu 28-Mar-19 00:16:24

Lovingbenidorm I'm guessing the latter hmm

peasout Thu 28-Mar-19 00:17:49

She had to do PE the day after in her knickers (at that age

But that never happened did it @Holly

jessicawessica Thu 28-Mar-19 00:19:30

Agree that making DCs do PE in their underwear is a whole new thread (but I would definitely be on it).
It just pisses me off that companies, not just SD, do this. Do they think we have nothing better to do all day but sit by the bloody door waiting so as not to miss them knocking?
I even put off cleaning upstairs in case I missed the doorbell!
Why, just why? If you KNOW you're not going to deliver the next day,,,,,just say so. Don't leave me hovering around the front door for 12 hours
And don't charge me a premium delivery cost either.

SparklyMagpie Thu 28-Mar-19 00:20:26

No 15 year old would be doing PE in their underwear. Take a hike

Lovingbenidorm Thu 28-Mar-19 00:26:26

I think op has got got a perfectly valid complaint that’s being sidelined by Mr PervyMcperv
Op I totally agree!
You order something, you pay extra for next day delivery, you wait in all day AND IT DOESNT COME!!!
I’ve had this on several occasions and it drives me nuts
The worst thing is you can never get hold of anyone on the phone and if you do they have no clue as to where your order is

SneakyGremlins Thu 28-Mar-19 00:28:20

I've had this - with medication! Ordered and waited in for it - never showed up! Had to beg the pharmacy.

TheLoneWolfDies Thu 28-Mar-19 00:34:09

HollyCat no she didnt.

JessieMcJessie Thu 28-Mar-19 00:34:25

Yes, annoying. But they will refund the £6.99 if you ask them to- have you asked them to?

quizqueen Thu 28-Mar-19 00:37:21

Just order things in good time, then you will be sure that you have them when you need them!

TheTeenageYears Thu 28-Mar-19 00:49:54

I am no lawyer but wouldn’t that be classed as a breach of contract. A company offers something which you accept and they don’t deliver. I would say there might be a problem with the courier delivering (we have a particularly bad problem with Hermes in our area who deliver things as an when they feel like it look like they have delivered on time) but receiving the shipping notice demonstrates that isn’t the case.

Sadly SD and others will continue with this kind of practice unless people vote with their feet. They will have to refund the additional charge paid for next day delivery but sadly there isn’t anything else you can hold them accountable for. I’m sure if you make enough noise with some companies they will offer you some kind of compensation just to shut you up but I can’t imagine SD doing that.

SneakyGremlins Thu 28-Mar-19 00:51:04

@quizqueen You have a point but surely next day delivery is meant to arrive, erm, next day?

Spudina Thu 28-Mar-19 01:10:25

Sports Direct are an ethically awful company. The working conditions in their factory are awful, bag searches meant that they were in breach of working time rules, they asked a breast feeding Mum to leave my local store and were found to be using modern slaves. (You should be pissed off OP and get your next day delivery money back.)

Bossinger Thu 28-Mar-19 01:16:53

Dont they only allow exchanges instore as well, no refunds given sad

I would get your delivery money back at least.

needmorespace Thu 28-Mar-19 01:57:47

In terms of the point of this thread, yabu for shopping at SD.
Awful company, awful owner.

jessicawessica Thu 28-Mar-19 07:00:15

Just got an email to say items shipped with a tracking number. Clicked on tracking number.....sorry we do not recognise this transaction!
I could have ordered a couple of weeks ago, as pointed out, but they didn't have a sale on this particular item then.
Seems I will not be buying from this lot again.

greyspottedgoose Thu 28-Mar-19 07:05:32

Fingers crossed everything fits, I had this last week they won't change in store and you have to pay return post to send stuff back 🙈 although they do offer refunds on things bought online. They have to it's the law

MrsFionaCharming Thu 28-Mar-19 07:11:22

I ordered 2 sports bras from them, figured I didn’t need to be in because they’d fit through the letterbox. Which they would have done, but they helpfully included one of their massive free mugs. Which then meant I had to drive to the post office to collect it.

MrsDevlin Thu 28-Mar-19 07:23:52

Happened to me twice now. I won't be shopping with them again. V unfortunate for them as I have 2 DSs who live in sports gear....You can email their customer services and they will quickly refund your postage- but that's not the point really. They don't give a damn about the inconvenience they've caused you, the waste of your time, taking time off work etc. They don't compensate you for that in any way- and then they do it again and again and again. Sports Direct treat their customers with disdain- spread the word!

jessicawessica Thu 28-Mar-19 07:57:58

I don't understand why they can't do a collect service. Only take me 20 mins to drive to their derbyshire warehouse and pick it up.
Have they always had the same owner? Surely they've not always been this bad.

oppen Thu 28-Mar-19 08:14:05

Happened to me too with SD. They did refund the £6.99 in the end but that’s not the point. They are crap! I’m a cover courier who delivers SD parcels or packets and they rip the courier off too along with their customers & workers! Everything from sports direct is a proof of delivery as standard so if the customer is not in or a neighbour is not in or won’t sign for it the parcel/packet it can’t be left in a safe place. Why can’t they make this clearer to customers! Couriers are the ones who get it in the neck when an item can’t be delivered! This happens with 90% of SD items. No delivery = no payment for the courier. When you are having to go to same place over & over again to try & deliver for often as little as 45p it’s soul destroying. Plus SD often put parcels through as a packet to get a cheaper rate. Don’t let them fool you that £6.99 is going to make things quicker because they only actually pay the courier pence!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »