Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you would hire me?

(28 Posts)
Bananapancakes3 Wed 27-Mar-19 18:38:16

I’m looking to work as a babysitter over the next few months and have joined a childcare website but feeling a bit put off by the experience people are looking for.

I’m 19, happy to do regular or one off babysitting in the evenings and at weekends, school pick up/drop off, taking to activities, help with homework etc

I have experience babysitting but mainly for cousins and neighbours rather than in a professional childcare setting.

I have a car so can provide transport.

Would anyone be (hypothetically) happy to hire someone like me or would you always rather have a childcare professional?

Thanks

Bananapancakes3 Wed 27-Mar-19 22:23:11

Oh just remembered, I’ve also done volunteering in a nursery! I was only 15 so not sure if that makes a difference but I have worked in that setting before

Nurseornot Wed 27-Mar-19 22:41:49

It makes a difference and even if you have experience as a childcare provider (sitter) for friends/family then I would also take that in consideration.

NWQM Thu 28-Mar-19 08:39:02

@arethereanyleftatall - I was trying to be encouraging and having had a quick check no one round here appear to do school pick up but not to an activity. I haven't looked at part-time nanny's but childminders though so maybe that's the distinction.

OP - you'd need to check if your insure covers you for business use most only regularly cover for back and forth to work. whether you'd need business use insurance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »