Talk

Advanced search

Emotional abuse. How to move forwards?

(3 Posts)
BrandyMyLove Wed 27-Mar-19 15:22:55

Posting here for traffic. Sorry.. not getting much response in relationships.

Hi all. Not a regular poster but have been here for a while. I am after some advice regarding some emotional abuse. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for 3 years. Escalated during pregnancy. Pretty text book. He Denys any abuse. Abuse is bad enough for a meeting to be held regarding mine and DCs safety. He's not seeing DC at the moment but I'm sure he will have access if and when he takes me to court. Not paying any maintenance. Thinks I'm the wicked witch from the West for not facilitating any sort of contact with his DC and doesn't understand that I don't want to be in a room with him. Having lurked on here for a while I've noticed this is quite a common situation for women to be in.

I went back to the house the other day to get some things. He had destroyed specific photographs of the daughter of the people I am staying with (she's only 14) which worries me a bit.

I don't know what to do. I can't stand him. He scares me and I don't know what's going on in his head.

Has anyone been in this situation and come out ok the other side?

Keepingthingsinteresting Wed 27-Mar-19 19:36:14

So sorry to hear you’ve been having a tough time. Sure people will be along with better advice soon, but you will be ok- you’ve done the difficult part of leaving. Well done and flowers

BrandyMyLove Thu 28-Mar-19 08:07:22

Thanks @Keepingthingsinteresting x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »