Talk

Advanced search

To just go for it?

(7 Posts)
MummyStruggles Wed 27-Mar-19 13:33:21

Job application. I've not had an interview in 12 years and, quite frankly, I'm terrified.

I have posted before re: state of current job role etc. but I don't think I can hang on any longer, despite a potentially decent redundancy package.

I'm bloody miserable.

Happyspud Wed 27-Mar-19 13:36:13

I simply can’t understand why you wouldn’t. You might not get it but there is literally no downside in doing interviews and potentially massive upside.

MummyStruggles Wed 27-Mar-19 13:38:45

Yes, you're right. Fear is what is holding me back. Not fear of rejection but fear that so much must have changed since I last was interviewed that I'm worried I'll say the wrong thing and just being a huge flop!!

Duchessgummybuns Wed 27-Mar-19 13:39:33

At the very least it’s interview experience! I get the anxiety though. You have nothing to lose in going for it and potentially a lot to gain

MummyStruggles Wed 27-Mar-19 14:15:54

Thanks to both of you!

I've applied... Eeeeek!

lexiconmistress Wed 27-Mar-19 14:41:24

I love job interviews. You get to big yourself up and they have to listen, even if only out of politeness grin

SweatyUnderboob Wed 27-Mar-19 14:51:02

Remember that an interview is a two way process and it’s you are interviewing them as much as they are you. You need to know the job and company are a good fit for you. Ask lots of well thought-out questions, there are many good examples on line. It pads out the time and makes you look eager! Good luck with it all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »