Talk

Advanced search

To move this sign?

(4 Posts)
MeowthThatsRight Tue 26-Mar-19 21:27:54

I live on a headland. On the walk to school I pass a house that has little wooden signs on the garden wall. One of them says ‘This way to the beach’ and points the one direction that the sea isn’t. This sign could be on any of the other two walls and be pointing to the beach. Which, incidentally, you can see from the road anyway so you don’t need a bastard sign telling you which way it isn’t.

I’m feeling rather murderous at the moment due to a whole shitstorm of crap going on. Everything else that is currently wrong in my life is mostly out of my hands. But I could fix the sign. Then work on the other stuff.

FetchezLaVache Tue 26-Mar-19 21:30:42

I imagine the sign is intended for embellishment rather than information purposes and that the owner of the house knows where the beach is relative to the sign, so I would skip moving the sign and move straight on to the other stuff.

Vulpine Tue 26-Mar-19 21:33:01

I'd move it!

MeowthThatsRight Tue 26-Mar-19 21:44:55

It’s definitely not intended as an actual sign. It just annoys the hell out of me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »