Talk

Advanced search

Aibu - Bounced on Mothers Day...

(4 Posts)
Sayitwithcake Tue 26-Mar-19 21:14:50

So my SIL lives near us. I have posted before that when we moved in her, BIL, MIL took it upon themselves to (literally) go through every cupboard in an extremely nosy manner and that maybe we should contribute to new DS’s school fees (joke of course)....

Anyway, we rarely hear from SIL unless we make the first contact and I can’t say how many times we have had her over for food compared to a return visit. Last time it was a full roast - 6 weeks ago when the MIL came down - and I truly don’t care what it is, it’s more about the fact that it feels most one sided. Not that we heard about MIL’s visit until the last minute cos family can just ‘surprise’ even though we speak regularly and she knows that it grinds my gears as I will be expected to host at least something.....

So the same is happening this weekend - was talking to MIL earlier tonight but no mention that she was coming down this weekend. SIL dropped that she was. For mother’s day obviously. I know what will happen, it will end up being a ‘surprise, let’s all treat GM’ when I actually would like to do my own thing.

Maybe it’s me. But it feels like taking the piss

Fairenuff Tue 26-Mar-19 21:21:41

Do your own thing then.

Butterymuffin Tue 26-Mar-19 21:24:12

So get your plan in first. Tell your DH where you'd like to go for Mother's Day and book it for your household. Then you can go 'what a shame, we've got a table booked but maybe we could meet for coffee a bit later?'

Jamiefraserskilt Tue 26-Mar-19 21:39:54

Go out at 11am and stay out. If no one can be arsed to share plans, fuck them. You're a mum too. Sil, see you at your for tea!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »