Talk

Advanced search

To expect my husband to be able to look after our baby for an hour?

(82 Posts)
CustardCreamLover Tue 26-Mar-19 19:52:28

I tutor online. An hour at a time. Today it was my husband who had to look after the baby. Recently it's been more often his mother. I had to stop my lesson after 40 minutes because he couldn't stop the baby from screaming. The second I took him off him he stopped. Was it the baby or my husband causing the issue here? I think it's my husband. The baby is fine with his mother. I'm.so pissed off but I don't know if I should be??

Celebelly Sun 31-Mar-19 09:53:18

This would drive me bonkers! DD is seven weeks old and DP has her on his own multiple times a week, sometimes for 3+ hours if I've left expressed milk while I catch up on sleep. He's learned ways to soothe and entertain her because he's just had to! She's his daughter too. Of course, typically he is the one getting all the big smiles now she's started social smiling hmm

SoHotADragonRetired Sun 31-Mar-19 10:24:35

Kick him out at 11 and tell him he goes for a walk.

CustardCreamLover Sun 31-Mar-19 11:37:48

He managed but said to me after it was a hard hour!!!!! I do it almost 24/7!! I did suggest he take him out in the pushchair if he wouldn't stop crying. To be fair the baby will only be Held in a sitting upright position when awake and he seems to have forgotten how to sleep in the day 😑

LannieDuck Sun 31-Mar-19 12:23:40

The more he does it, the easier it will get. Book in some more tutoring asap.

BertieBotts Sun 31-Mar-19 20:23:24

It's just a confidence thing smile When he tells you he found it hard he's not suggesting that he has it worse than you do - he's just looking for a bit of reassurance that he's doing alright. It is hard to look after a baby so I don't think it's wrong to acknowledge that. He will defo find it easier the more he does it.

Ihatehashtags Mon 01-Apr-19 06:43:23

A hard hour!!!! Well I hope he appreciates how amazing you are then!! He needs to grow a pair.

Dohangoversgetworseasyougetold Mon 01-Apr-19 07:35:42

"hardly has any alone time with his dad because he hands him over every time he starts crying"

Agree with previous poster that this is the problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »