Talk

Advanced search

Daughters grandparents

(7 Posts)
Aprilshowers234 Tue 26-Mar-19 19:40:20

I've recently found my my childsss grandparents her dad didn't want to know she is now 3yrs old I'm not sure if to send them a letter letting them no they are have a grandchild as I don't think they know she exists as she is technically their first grandchild I'm worried on how they would take this or if the reject her ?? Advice please

Drum2018 Tue 26-Mar-19 19:44:02

Think it through. How much involvement would you want them to have in your lives? They could be very excited and want to see dd every week or they could completely reject her. Are you ready for those extremes? Hopefully they would be somewhere in the middle and your dd could build a loving relationship with them. But chances are it will also bring her dad back on the scene so you'd need to be prepared for that too.

RomanyQueen1 Tue 26-Mar-19 19:45:46

Aw, I would get in touch and see what they say, at least you have done right by your dd then. thanks
It might not be easy, they will be shocked, too. I have a huge admiration for mums who put themselves out emotionally for their dc, it can't be easy.

Aprilshowers234 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:06:36

Thankyou for lovely advice I'm going to try atleast and see ..I've gone through a thousand scenarios in my head hopefully they don't think I'm crazy or something lol

RomanyQueen1 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:53:48

Huge respect for you my love it can't be easy.
As a grandma my best advice is take it slowly, and if it's not to be you have done your best for the relationship and of course your dd.
Good luck. x

Nofilter101 Tue 26-Mar-19 20:55:20

Hey just to let you know I was in a v similar sit when preg. I wrote a letter but never heard back. Its deffinetly made me feel like I have done all I can and its all on them now

Aprilshowers234 Thu 28-Mar-19 22:51:13

Thank you so much I will update if it turns out well

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: