Talk

Advanced search

The NHS PREVENT e-assessment - have you completed it?

(5 Posts)
Summerfruitshoot Tue 26-Mar-19 19:25:52

What did you think of the case studies and the questions?

ShitAtScarbble Tue 26-Mar-19 19:27:09

What is it? Are you being unreasonable about what?

Babysharkdododont Tue 26-Mar-19 19:27:36

My trust delivers it face to face and it's a really enjoyable course and really sparked off some interesting conversation.
Not sure it would have such an impact online though.

selfishcrab Tue 26-Mar-19 19:29:29

I did it about 18 montjs ago (day long training) I enjoyed it as I remember, the case studies were interesting but it was because our trainer had been personally involved in some of them!

Summerfruitshoot Tue 26-Mar-19 20:57:53

Our trust conducts it as an online course and assessment. My colleagues and I found the questions to be quite one sided referring to Muslim terrorists/radicalism. The one question about potential white far right extremists had the correct answer of “not having enough information to do anything”.

The case study that we read had a story about a boy called John who had Asperger’s and was being radicalised online. It claimed people with Asperger’s are more vulnerable to being radicalised which made me uncomfortable.

I found the wording of the “course” and e assessment really bad, and that naming specific countries (like Pakistan) to be a really dangerous thing, where people will potentially report innocent people just because they’re from that particular country.

I just found it quite off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: