Talk

Advanced search

AIBU thinking I might be pregnant.....

(25 Posts)
1Mumwhowingsit Tue 26-Mar-19 17:45:02

*Last AF was end of January
*Last 2 years pretty regular 28 day cycles
*Numerous pregnancy tests taken since being late and all BFN so surely I can’t be pregnant but I just can’t understand why I still haven’t seen AF since January shock

Soo AIBU thinking there could be a tiny chance I might be pregnant...

7circlemats Tue 26-Mar-19 17:49:52

Probably not if your tests are negative. I'd get the lack of periods checked out by a GP though.

bridgetreilly Tue 26-Mar-19 17:59:28

There are plenty of other reasons why periods are sometimes missed/late but if you've had sex, it's definitely possible that you are pregnant. False negatives do happen. Go and see the doctor.

Also, it's called a period.

ShadowMane Tue 26-Mar-19 18:11:14

Also, it's called a period

It's called whatever the OP wants to call it

apostropheuse Tue 26-Mar-19 18:15:27

What age are you? Maybe menopause?

gokartdillydilly Tue 26-Mar-19 18:17:14

What is AF? Absent Friend? Awful Fiend? Actual Flood? Angry Feeling? Sorry to be dim but I CBDWNA (can't be doing with nonsense abbreviations)... and BFN? Wossat? Bloody Fucking Negative?

Could you be menopausal? Hope it all works out for the best x

1Mumwhowingsit Tue 26-Mar-19 18:19:26

I have just turned 30 so I don’t think menopause could be the reason but it’s a possibility. I will be booking a doctors appointment for next month smile

Moonbea Tue 26-Mar-19 18:22:03

@gokartdillydilly

AF is aunt flo (period) and you were so close with BFN it's big fat negative.. I like your version better though 😂

OwlBeThere Tue 26-Mar-19 18:24:11

BFN-big fat negative. Similarly BFP- big fat positive.
AF- Aunt Flo.
Well known and used internet acronyms for at least the last 16 years.

1Mumwhowingsit Tue 26-Mar-19 18:24:12

I’m not the biggest fan of abbreviations and don’t post much on mumsnet, just went with what I have seen all over mumsnet blush bit of a sheep I guess grin

TowerRavenSeven Tue 26-Mar-19 18:26:52

I missed my period for six months after a death in the family, so stress can halt things. Also I went into menopause at 38.

gokartdillydilly Tue 26-Mar-19 18:32:25

I'm pretty new to Mumsnet and I'm also a stickler for grammar so I won't be using DS, DDog, DHamster or D anything anytime soon. Or IYSWIM or IMHO (had to look those ones up). As for AF, I'm now dreading the day my Dniece becomes a Daunt (poor thing)

Toddlerteaplease Tue 26-Mar-19 18:36:24

My mum had repeated negative pregnancy tests. My sister is 36!

Mrskkennedy Sat 30-Mar-19 07:28:06

@1Mumwhowingsit I am in the same boat as you! I am nearly 30 and been trying to concieve for 10 months. I am currently 4 days late on my period which is unusual as I have been having regular 28 day cycles.

I don't have many symptoms other than sore boobs but I always have those when due on and I have a cold which can apparently be a sign or I could just have a cold.

Have taken a couple of tests over the last few days and one had the faintest line suggesting positive but all others are negative including the one this morning.

No idea what's going on but I am just waiting to see if I come on...

Hope yours means you are pregnant and you get a positive test soon x

Mrskkennedy Sat 30-Mar-19 07:31:45

This is my super faint line! You have to really squint!

SerenDippitty Sat 30-Mar-19 07:34:41

I would see your GP, thyroid issues can cause you to miss periods.

Kennehora Sat 30-Mar-19 07:34:58

My mum had repeated negative pregnancy tests. My sister is 36!

Pregnancy tests have improved since the early 1980s...

Kennehora Sat 30-Mar-19 07:36:27

Op, if your last period was end of Jan then you've basically missed one period. This is not unusual and there are many reasons it can happen. Being 8 weeks pregnant and getting negative tests though would be off the scale unusual

IsoscelesSandwich Sat 30-Mar-19 07:39:06

. @mrskennedy that looks positive!

Teateaandmoretea Sat 30-Mar-19 07:49:21

I think you may be pregnant. Isnt there a minority of women who the tests don't work particularly well for? The faint one looks positive to me unless its an evap line. I doubt this would allow you to be 3 months though.

Cd050 Sun 31-Mar-19 19:33:17

I’m in the same boat. I am 16 days late at current, have symptoms but repeated negative results! And I’ve never been more than a day late in my life. Can I be pregnant?

LucyAutumn Sun 31-Mar-19 20:02:54

Anxiety has affected my periods in the past, could this be a possibility?

Cd050 Sun 31-Mar-19 20:27:22

I haven’t been stressed any more than usual, there have been times when I’ve been so stressed I’ve struggled to think straight or go about my daily business but still came on every month so I’m completely stumped!! May be it is something minor and explainable but last time I was pregnant I got a false negative at the doctors when I was 10 days late, so don’t have much faith in the urine tests! Just got to wait I guess

1Mumwhowingsit Sun 31-Mar-19 20:43:51

Just to update, I went to the doctor on Friday and was told it was pretty normal to skip periods and to go back if I don’t have a period for 6 months hmm so he wasn’t very helpful, I thought he’d at least take a blood check to check a few things including pregnancy but no!

Kennehora Sun 31-Mar-19 21:03:24

That's standard. I've been to the GP having missed three periods in a row and they still weren't concerned. If you're getting negative home pregnancy tests, you're not pregnant - and missing periods is normal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: