Talk

Advanced search

To find this is very insulting

(80 Posts)
MolyHolyGuacamole Tue 26-Mar-19 17:44:15

Sounds like she has OCD, surrounding food that needs to be cooked. She probably only eats the food if she cooks it herself.

WeepingWillowWeepingWino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:43:15

I think you need to ask her straight what the problem is, but make it clear it’s either what you cook or nothing and if she refuses to eat that makes everyone feel awkaward so best she doesn’t come.

Ragwort Tue 26-Mar-19 17:41:41

Sounds very odd. Does she eat food other people cook or is it just your cooking?

Can you say something like ‘I know you won’t want to join us for lunch so can you come round at x o’clock and join us for a coffee?’.

Does she just sit at the table and watch you all eat? confused.

Neverender Tue 26-Mar-19 17:39:53

Have you asked her why?

sweetdreams30 Tue 26-Mar-19 17:38:53

I invited my mum to our house for Mother's Day as well as DHs mum.My mum said she'll come but doesn't want dinner even thought she will be here. This is a common pattern every time she comes out she never eats anything I cook. If she stays overnight she'll just have a bowl of cereal and if I make a fry/eggs she won't touch it or else she tells me to sit down and cooks it herself. The last time she was out I was after cooking a roast chicken and she didn't want that yet the next time I went to have lunch in hers she made a roast chicken. As far as I know I haven't poisoned anyone yet and we have people over for dinner a lot plus I've 3 kids. AIBU to find this insulting? If I was cooking steak I'd always ask how someone would like it cooked and if someone left something on the plate they didn't like it wouldn't bother me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »