Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to sabotage DH?

(29 Posts)
RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:32:03

DH and I currently have a little bet going as to who can get closest to their goal weight by our holiday (mid June) and the loser has to buy the other dinner at a nice restaurant while we are away (MIL will babysit as she's coming with us). As I do all the cooking, AIBU to put an extra spoonful or two on his plate rather than mine and DS's? He does get to go to the gym every morning before he starts work so can easily burn it off if he tried hard enough lol

Nicknacky Tue 26-Mar-19 17:33:30

Are you being serious?

PoliticalBiscuit Tue 26-Mar-19 17:33:36

Serious question, as a man shouldn't he already be getting a larger portion than you? Or do you mean making it bigger again?

QueenEhlana Tue 26-Mar-19 17:36:16

Don't sabotage like that. Just serve it in bowls on the table and let him serve himself. I'll bet you anything he takes loads.... (mwah, ha, ha!)

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:36:28

I don't eat massive portions and he also had form for eating what I give him them saying he is still hungry so it's a win/win in my book

Tentomidnight Tue 26-Mar-19 17:36:31

Yes! He can choose how much of his dinner to eat, after all grin
While you’re at it, stuff all of his pockets with his favourite snack of choice every day grin

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:37:57

@QueenEhlana unfortunately we don't eat together as I have my dinner with DS at about 6 and he doesn't get home from work until about 7

Chocolateisfab Tue 26-Mar-19 17:38:10

Biscuit - so you believe in penis portions then?

Blanca87 Tue 26-Mar-19 17:39:03

So do you get to go to the gym everyday?

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:39:31

@Tentomidnight my thoughts exactly! His twin of thought is that he's worked hard in the gym so he can go to the vending machine for some chocolate after lunch so no need to worry about snacks gringrin

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:41:20

@Blanca87 no, but I am running round after a 19mo all day and I'm going to start going to boot camp two or three times a week this week

EmeraldShamrock Tue 26-Mar-19 17:41:50

Yanbu add some fat to his grin
Only joking.
Ime men stick to their diet like glue when there is a competition. I hope you win.

PoliticalBiscuit Tue 26-Mar-19 17:43:31

@chocolateisfab - I thought the BMR was different for men and women. I know my DH is taller than me, it's not automatic but it is more common surely for your DH to require more calories?

I don't believe in penis portions when being served by somebody else (eg a MIL or a restaurant) but when it's just the two of you I would have thought otherwise?

www.quora.com/Why-do-males-have-higher-basal-metabolic-rates-BMR-than-females

InMyBloodstainedSundaysBest Tue 26-Mar-19 17:46:04

Penis portion? Seriously? The fact he has a penis has nothing to do with it.

It's medically recommended that men need more calories than women generally speaking. Even more so if he's going to the gym every day.

If you're exactly the same height, weight, body fat % as your husband or significant other then by all means eat the same portion size, otherwise, activity levels aside, then yes, I would always serve my husband more.

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:46:26

@EmeraldShamrock he always eats the whole portion I give him and while he wants to lose some weight hasn't done any research apart from buying me a couple of cookbooks I asked for and follow (we are doing Joe Wickes)

InMyBloodstainedSundaysBest Tue 26-Mar-19 17:47:54

Back to the point... Rocky, if you don't get equal opportunities to work out, then I don't even think it would be sabotage.. more.. levelling the playing field.

Lovelylugs Tue 26-Mar-19 17:47:59

Ohhh my mum is told to gain weight build herself up for surgery so I'm putting powdered milk into everything for the extra calories! Thought you'd like to know! grin

MitziK Tue 26-Mar-19 17:49:10

Don't - it's a betrayal of trust (and if you win, you won't feel anywhere near as smug as you would if you did it honestly).

Blanca87 Tue 26-Mar-19 17:51:12

Exactly, SundaysBest!

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 17:59:27

The thing is he even does it to himself! I made us lunch the other day and left the boxes on the side - one with a portion in and the other with a portion and a half (for me and DS). He took the bigger box with him to work (although he did apologise when I told him he had the wrong one) so I was a bit hungry that day.

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 18:00:18

BTW neither of us has loads of weight to lose, just a love handle or two we want to get rid of

mummmy2017 Tue 26-Mar-19 18:04:53

No, win fair and square.
You lose, get sexy fit husband and you buy him dinner.
You win, you get sexy husband who buys you dinner . You wind him up about does he think buying you a meal means sex

Raspberrytruffle Tue 26-Mar-19 18:16:46

This reminded me of Malcolm in the middle episode where hal sabotages his wife's diet youtu.be/BBsFNs6u-Z4

IvanaPee Tue 26-Mar-19 18:19:09

What’s Joe Wicks??

RockyisMYRhino Tue 26-Mar-19 18:21:25

@IvanaPee it's the lean in 15 dirt. The food is lovely and the bonus is DS loves it too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: