Talk

Advanced search

To ask at what age you let your DC regularly drink soft drinks?

(328 Posts)
UnderTheAntenna Tue 26-Mar-19 15:33:24

i.e. not just water or milk (hot choc). How old were they when you let them drink soft drinks on non-special occasions?

smallereveryday Fri 29-Mar-19 07:56:07

6timesthemess

You are far too bloody normal for MN !! Get away with you !

Mrsemcgregor Fri 29-Mar-19 07:59:29

This thread is hilarious. There needs to be some unclenching.

DS’s 9 and 6. Mostly water and milk, squash about 3 times a week. Lemonade a few times a month on weekends and if I remember to buy it. When eating out they can order any drink as long as it’s not caffeinated (or alcohol!).

I really think that if you outright ban anything they just want it more and then find it hard to regulate when they get some.

As with everything, sensible moderation.

(No fillings and dentist actually said he could tell they have a good diet)

Cheeeeislifenow Fri 29-Mar-19 08:09:48

I am pretty lax about bedtime, my kids go to bed when they are tired. They are able to self regulate this. In other households have a strict bedtime, that doesn't make me say that others need to "unclench", others aren't "boring" or "controlling". I can just simply acknowledge people do things differently.
Other on this thread don't seem to comprehend that people can do things differently to you and that is okay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »