Talk

Advanced search

Privacy Invasion

(5 Posts)
Angellucy07 Tue 26-Mar-19 13:48:38

I genuinely don't if I'm being unreasonable or not here, so just wanted another take on it from an outsider's perspective.

I was speaking to a professional about my eldest severely disabled child (adult now at 19 but has the mind of a baby).
It was a carers Hub where parents/ carers can go for advice or just a listening ear.

He left the door propped open (didn't explain the reason why).
There were random people coming and going while we were having our conversation, walking directly past the office.

I felt really uncomfortable and it put me off talking.
I was also very upset and crying (about the sadness I'm currently feeling for my son, which I was talking about).

In the end I was so upset I had to leave.

Was there a reason why he needed to leave the door open (some rules maybe that I'm not aware of?).
If so then I wish he had explained it to me.

I felt so upset and silly that random people heard me pouring my heart out.

WeeDangerousSpike Tue 26-Mar-19 13:58:38

Did you ask if the door could be shut? If he refused then that's quite odd

Angellucy07 Tue 26-Mar-19 14:00:35

No I didn't ask.
Maybe I should have done, but then he obviously wanted it open so didn't really feel right for me to request it.

AuntieCJ Tue 26-Mar-19 14:03:19

He's safeguarding himself. He may feel uncomfortable being alone with a woman and leaves the door open to be sure he cannot be accused of anything.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Tue 26-Mar-19 14:04:41

He's male, you’re presumably female
In this day and age, I'd have the door ajar or have a chaperone in
you could/should have asked for it to be closed

No one was listening to you pour your heart out flowers they all have thier own issues.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »