Talk

Advanced search

To ask for birthday gift suggestions

(4 Posts)
Meyouandbabytoo Tue 26-Mar-19 08:59:40

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and family members have started asking what I want. I can't think of anything!

Anyone got any suggestions of things they have that they love and would recommend?
Not too expensive though.

PosiePerkinandPootle Tue 26-Mar-19 13:03:54

Any interests or hobbies they could buy you something for?
A magazine subscription.
Cinema or restaurant vouchers + a promise to babysit to allow you to use them.
Will they all want to give you something specifically from them or would some of them club together? Something like a monthly gin or beauty box subscription they could chip in for and each cover a month. What about a kindle uploaded with some books? I've never bothered with one until recently and I love that I can read and knit at the same time.

DennisSkinnersMolotov Tue 26-Mar-19 13:27:14

Over the last few years DH and I have always agreed / asked for experiences rather than stuff. Things like a child free day out in our favourite city, gig tickets, that sort of thing.

Though my Kindle paperwhite remains one of my favourite things I've ever been given.

thecatsthecats Tue 26-Mar-19 13:32:10

Kindle vouchers (though MIL decided that getting me a physical crap book was the same)! Love sitting down and buying a dozen books at a time.

I second experience gifts too - it's so nice to be able to do something fun without it costing a penny.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: