Talk

Advanced search

A LARGE box of chocolates.

(172 Posts)
tokirara Tue 26-Mar-19 00:46:05

Just discovered that my DH scoffed the entirety of a large box of Lindt assorted chocolates over the weekend by himself (bar two pieces that he offered me on Friday).

I feel... Repulsed. We rarely buy 'treats' (his idea) because he has poor self control. He bought these on Friday with the excuse reason that it was an anniversary weekend.

I only know about the choc demolition because I had a peek inside the box just now only to find a few empty wrappers shock. It's also the fact that the box is left in place...

AIBU to feel this way? Genuinely conflicted .. I feel somewhat controlling .

Honeyroar Tue 26-Mar-19 09:04:32

I could easily eat the whole box when I’m in piggy mode, but I totally agree it’s far too much sugar and crap and I think I have a bad relationship with sugar.

I think your husband deserves a bollocking for eating the lot and barely sharing them. They weren’t bought just for him!

DoneLikeAKipper Tue 26-Mar-19 09:12:05

Lucky people who can eat all the chocolate they want!

No one can eat all the chocolate they want to. Even if they’re skinny, there are consequences to that much sugar, obviously. However, I refuse to make food an enemy. I generally eat in good moderation, I walk so many miles a week, and if I do scoff my face once in a while I don’t feel guilty about it. Life is too short to care about eating a box of Lindor over a few days/hours.

Better to accept that once in a while you’re going to have a mini-binge than do yet another useless diet that is always going to fail, as all diets are set up to do.

ooItsAoBeautifulDayNow Tue 26-Mar-19 09:29:04

@Tawdrylocalbrouhaha

*Are you a borrower or something?
Comment of the week - I think I love you!

amusedbush Tue 26-Mar-19 09:32:50

Crikey, you wouldn't cope in our house. Both DH and I have suffered from Binge Eating Disorder (formally diagnosed, I've had two rounds of therapy to no avail) for years and I can put away 7000 calories during a binge (which I'll do in secret and then lie through my teeth due to the shame of it).

Six chocolates in a day is not repulsive, believe me.

blackteasplease Tue 26-Mar-19 09:42:05

It's the selfishness thsts repulsive thought isn't it? That he knee they were to share but finished them off anyway.

There's loads of threads on that topic too!

TrendyNorthLondonTeen Tue 26-Mar-19 09:47:04

Anyone who has more than a sniff of Quality Street wrapper at Christmas is a disgusting glutton.

Halloumimuffin Tue 26-Mar-19 09:51:08

Nothing worse than realising just how many delicious treats MEN can eat without visible consequence while I gain weight being in the same room as a chocolate biscuit.

Guy in my office scoffs a packet of biscuits most days and is thin as a pin. Currently trying to tape my hands down so I don't ruin my diet in a haze of digestives.

stayathomer Tue 26-Mar-19 10:01:16

We spent the whole weekend together and what annoys me is he bought them claiming they were for us to share and enjoy, then proceeded to polish them offin stealthsubsequently (we were mostly together over the weekend and yesterday evening, so he could have offered me one when helping himself).
I've realised only in the last year or two that men help themselves to treats while women wait for an occasion, or to be offered one, or because they thing they should be shared more. Maybe they just don't think, maybe they're selfish or maybe we should start taking stuff when we feel like it ( ie we're being ridiculous and not grabbing life or whatever!)

Ps I hate the way we have conversations about one or two chocolates like they'll kill us. Granted a box is a lot, but the ' ooh I might just have one, I'm being so bad!' Thing drives me nuts!!!

stayathomer Tue 26-Mar-19 10:02:18

Halloumimuffin Amen to that!!!!

Yabbers Tue 26-Mar-19 10:39:51

Not judging the PP who think it's normal to scoff the lot in a day or two, but you gotta admit it's an unhealthy sugar overload.

“Not judging but let me go ahead and judge.”

You don’t eat a lot of chocolate. Well done you. You must be very proud of you for that.

Sparkletastic Tue 26-Mar-19 10:58:55

I'm with you OP. Your DH has been selfish, greedy and sneaky.

tokirara Tue 26-Mar-19 11:01:11

You don’t eat a lot of chocolate grin
Defensive much?
If only you knew...

Mammajay Tue 26-Mar-19 11:03:08

Thank you for this thread. It has made me laugh out loud. You sound like my mother in law who could make a packet of wine gums last a week..including sharing with grand children.

HelloToMyKitty Tue 26-Mar-19 11:10:48

so it was a surprise to find an empty box

I’d be more pissed he didn’t bother to throw it away, imagine getting your hopes up and then discovering an empty box.

Of course, no chance a box like that would survive the weekend with my sugar addiction grin

Dramatical Tue 26-Mar-19 11:12:42

Do you always hold his leash so tight?

ConstanzaAndSalieri Tue 26-Mar-19 11:16:38

You’re all missing the point. My local Aldi has fake Lindor chocolates in at the moment and they’re amazing and half the price. So you could have twice as many.

IncrediblySadToo Tue 26-Mar-19 11:38:37

You don’t eat a lot of chocolate grin. Defensive much? If only you knew...

What’s that all about then?

Rezie Tue 26-Mar-19 11:57:15

You are not unreasonable to be upset that he ate your share of the chocolate. You are being unreasonable with thinking that he is repulsive for eating more than few pieces of chocolate

Kayleidogyn Tue 26-Mar-19 12:08:22

Please don't read the How Much Chocolate Can You Eat thread. You'll implode seeing my confession. Let the fucker eat what he wants. Maybe it's his only joy in life... hmm

TheNoodlesIncident Tue 26-Mar-19 12:27:56

I was thinking that maybe what OP needs to do is buy TWO boxes, then you can both pick through them and swop any flavours considered less desirable by each party.

But then I saw this: we went to the lindt store that does the pick and mix of these, in flavours you wouldn't even know they did WHAT? There's a Lindt pick and mix shop??? Where is this amazing emporium?

And OP, YANBU for his leaving empty wrappers in the box. That's just cruel.

lilabet2 Tue 26-Mar-19 12:52:46

Haha nocoolnamesleft!

Kayleidogyn Tue 26-Mar-19 21:11:28

@TheNoodlesIncident * WHAT?* ^*There's a Lindt pick and mix shop???^ Where is this amazing emporium?*

There's one near me in the Wembley outlet store place. I cannot go near it!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »