Talk

Advanced search

A LARGE box of chocolates.

(172 Posts)
tokirara Tue 26-Mar-19 00:46:05

Just discovered that my DH scoffed the entirety of a large box of Lindt assorted chocolates over the weekend by himself (bar two pieces that he offered me on Friday).

I feel... Repulsed. We rarely buy 'treats' (his idea) because he has poor self control. He bought these on Friday with the excuse reason that it was an anniversary weekend.

I only know about the choc demolition because I had a peek inside the box just now only to find a few empty wrappers shock. It's also the fact that the box is left in place...

AIBU to feel this way? Genuinely conflicted .. I feel somewhat controlling .

PyongyangKipperbang Tue 26-Mar-19 02:09:10

And I would consider it to be a large box too, but again I am clearly in the minority.

StoppinBy Tue 26-Mar-19 02:09:28

actually that's not really true, I would offer him one when there were only the wrappers left then enjoy watching him try to find one knowing full well there were none left hehehe

Monty27 Tue 26-Mar-19 02:14:18

Wrap a dishwasher tablet in one of the empty wrappers.
No that's bonkers, don't do that.
Got any ice-cream OP?

BusterGonad Tue 26-Mar-19 02:31:59

That's not large imo. I too would be annoyed but not repulsed. I would've hidden them tbh.

violetbunny Tue 26-Mar-19 02:32:47

I'm 5"2 and weigh 48kg. I'd happily demolish those in 3 days if they were in the house at the same time as me grin

Monty27 Tue 26-Mar-19 02:36:12

@violet I'm 5'3" 52kg and would do the same
Ice-cream is my back up grin

whiskeysourpuss Tue 26-Mar-19 02:37:42

I hope my kids have a better grasp of what constitutes a large box of chocolates than the OP come Sunday grin

PyongyangKipperbang Tue 26-Mar-19 02:39:18

When did being greedy and selfish become hilarious?

Desmondo2016 Tue 26-Mar-19 02:40:19

I don't think it's crime of the century to be honest.

Margot33 Tue 26-Mar-19 02:53:20

If you knew he had no self control then you should pick out 10, and save them else where.

sam221 Tue 26-Mar-19 02:55:46

That really is not a huge amount and easily done. Maybe lighten up a little and just buy more?

blackcat86 Tue 26-Mar-19 02:57:41

I think you should speak to your GP about your issues with food. Maybe you do feel repulsed but please acknowledge the damage your behaviour is doing to your poor partner who is probably too paranoid to enjoy food. He bought the treat and ate the treat. The only issue I see is how seriously you're taking it

brizzlemint Tue 26-Mar-19 03:02:48

If you are going to eat the whole box does it matter if it's all in one day or over several ? grin

RhiWrites Tue 26-Mar-19 03:06:17

Why is OP to blame because she knew about his issues with self control?

They bought it to share and she had only 13% of the chocolate. That’s like an 1/8th!

PyongyangKipperbang Tue 26-Mar-19 03:11:37

Why is OP to blame because she knew about his issues with self control?

Because its chocolate hmm

If he was an alcoholic who bought a bottle of wine to share and then necked the lot, I am sure no one would be telling her she should have hidden her half.......

PyongyangKipperbang Tue 26-Mar-19 03:13:02

I think you should speak to your GP about your issues with food. Maybe you do feel repulsed but please acknowledge the damage your behaviour is doing to your poor partner who is probably too paranoid to enjoy food. He bought the treat and ate the treat. The only issue I see is how seriously you're taking it

Really? REALLY?!

He ate the lot that were supposed to be shared and she is the one with food issues?!

StoppinBy Tue 26-Mar-19 03:13:34

@rhiwhites, sounds to me like op's partner bought them because he wanted to eat them but needed an excuse because op wont let him buy junk food without a special reason.

PyongyangKipperbang Tue 26-Mar-19 03:15:27

sounds to me like op's partner bought them because he wanted to eat them but needed an excuse because op wont let him buy junk food without a special reason.

From the OP ...... We rarely buy 'treats' (his idea) because he has poor self control.

PregnantSea Tue 26-Mar-19 03:21:20

I'd be a bit disappointed that we didn't to share them, considering it was supposed to be for your anniversary weekend. But they were there for 3 days and you barely touched them? That's your own fault. And you feel "repulsed"? That's a horrible thing to say about your DH when you know he he struggles not to eat sweets if they're in the house. How would you feel if you had eaten the chocolates and then your partner said he was repulse by you? You are shaming your DH. Comes off as cruel. Please don't make a habit of behaving like you are repulsed by your partner's eating, that's really unfair on him and you're going to end up making him unhappy and giving him issues around food. It doesn't help anything.

I actually feel really sorry for your DH.

vinegarqueen Tue 26-Mar-19 03:28:00

You sound like you have some issues around food, OP. YANBU to be annoyed if you were expecting to eat some yourself and just found sad empty wrappers, or if it was a big expenditure for the household and he gobbled it, but the fact that you control what he eats normally and restrict ”treats” is giving off the vibe that you don't want chocolate in the house at all, even though he obviously likes it. Even if he were very overweight the occasional box of chocolate over a whole weekend isn't really a cause for disgust or repulsion.

strawberrisc Tue 26-Mar-19 03:52:45

I’d start phoning Jeremy Kyle, see if he’ll offer a three month rehab with Perry Clayman.

vinegarqueen Tue 26-Mar-19 05:29:46

oops, totally missed that the food restriction is his idea! blush Sorry!

Shoxfordian Tue 26-Mar-19 05:42:28

Are you annoyed because he's eaten all the chocolate or because he didn't share?

Repulsed is a really odd word to use

stayathomer Tue 26-Mar-19 05:47:28

Up in morning, sneak one, lunch, sneak one, later in the day, sneak one, sitting down at night time, have a few, feel sick, put away. Repeat. Not great but if this was you piss e d off you got none then fine, but repulsed is a very different thing. Is it that he's put on weight or something?

cocomelon23 Tue 26-Mar-19 05:48:50

I'd be the same as op. We'd never eat a box of chocolates over a weekend between us let alone one of us eating one. They were bought for both of them and the dh ate all of them. How is that ok?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: