Talk

Advanced search

To think netmums shouldn't be stealing my aibu?

(19 Posts)
quittinaeete Mon 25-Mar-19 22:45:01

Why has my aibu been copied and pasted on netmums? https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/other-chat-514/normal-993/1842414-think-i-shouldnt-have-pay-missed-hygienist-appointment.html

Is this normal behaviour?!

GoldenHour Mon 25-Mar-19 22:49:12

Ha maybe they're desperate for posts! It's been crap since they changed their app/site last year, the app isn't as easy as this one.

IhateBoswell Mon 25-Mar-19 22:54:27

Stinking copycats shock

Singlenotsingle Mon 25-Mar-19 22:55:40

I've never looked at netmums. I don't think I'll bother now.

CrackersDontMatter Mon 25-Mar-19 22:57:05

I recently looked at netmums and almost the entire front page was posts identical to here.

Crockof Mon 25-Mar-19 23:00:21

There is loads copied across. I was -hangs head in shame- an avid netmums but they changed everything and said suck it up to anyone who questioned it. recently there have been loads of copied posts

KylieKoKo Mon 25-Mar-19 23:06:55

I would have assumed that it was the same poster wanting advice from different forums. If not then it's weird.

McFrostyNuts Mon 25-Mar-19 23:08:08

I used to use that website, but moved away when they changed everything. I sometimes go on just to see, but it's a really shit site!

There's no swearing - at all. No one is allowed to be mean and if the thread gets heated, it's deleted. It's so highly policed there are constant post deletions. It got boring so I moved to here!

OhDearGodLookAtThisMess Mon 25-Mar-19 23:13:22

They shouldn't be stealing thread ideas from here, no. But what do you expect from an outfit that called itself "Netmums" in direct competition to one already running called "Mumsnet?"

GoldenHour Mon 25-Mar-19 23:14:34

I challenged them on why they changed everything, I said it made it too complicated to post and you'd have too many dead sub forums...that's exactly what happened, but they assured me their research and professional expertise meant they were right 😂

Jux Mon 25-Mar-19 23:20:32

I always hated the way it looked over there so never really got into using it, not that I needed to use it anyway. I've been here since this was all fields! I see their overall look is as ghastly as ever

YouokHun Mon 25-Mar-19 23:21:39

@McFrostyNuts no swearing, no meanness but as far as I can see just one massive MLM pitch. It’s not referred to as Nethuns for nothing. I bet there are more people getting tipped into financial chaos via nethuns than here - not policed enough!

Storminateacup74 Mon 25-Mar-19 23:28:41

I had exactly the same happen to me about a month ago. But who and why are they stealing posts from here ?

neddle Mon 25-Mar-19 23:33:11

I never really used it as I didn’t want to be outed. Having my name as a user name was too identifying for me.

RebootYourEngine Mon 25-Mar-19 23:35:46

This makes me wonder how many other threads over there are fake.

Motoko Mon 25-Mar-19 23:45:16

If swearing's not allowed over there, you could try using mostly swear words in the title when you post here. Try to do it, so that if they cut out the swears, the title doesn't make sense. wink

CantYouSleepLittleBear Mon 25-Mar-19 23:47:10

Did you just see it by chance? Can you do some digging on who Ebony is and what else they've posted under that name (ie are they all copy&paste jobs)?

GoldenHour Tue 26-Mar-19 08:36:26

How about someone posts in their technical area to ask their mods how/why it's happening?

WatcherOfTheNight Tue 26-Mar-19 08:42:24

Well ,they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery but isn't this cloning or outright theft ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: