Talk

Advanced search

To ask if your face just doesn't fit.

(10 Posts)
DancingWithYou Mon 25-Mar-19 17:34:58

I've always been a bit like this all my life like I just don't quite fit in whether at work or socially with friends and family. Im kind of just on the edge of groups kind of hovering and not really feeling like I belong. Im not treated badly or differently but I just get a sense of not having a good connection with others.

At work, I try really hard for promotions but I just can't seem to get ahead whereas others who've come after me just seem to naturally do really well. It's like a feeling of im just not right in some way.

I don't know if im explaining myself well at all but wondered if anyone else felt the similar.

ScreamingValenta Mon 25-Mar-19 17:39:32

Yes, I have this. There are very few people I really connect with. I've given up worrying about it as I've grown older. I just try to be polite and friendly to people and not worry about being left out, the last to know things etc.

DancingWithYou Mon 25-Mar-19 17:47:33

ScreamingValenta yes I don't think I really connect with many people at all. It's a wonder how I've managed to meet dh. He's the only one I feel really gets me and I feel the most comfortable with.

madcatladyforever Mon 25-Mar-19 17:52:36

Yes all my life.

ScreamingValenta Mon 25-Mar-19 17:53:51

I think the few connections I do make are quite strong, and I immediately appreciate them because it's so unusual. There's a sort of 'and ... relax' sensation when I realise I feel comfortable with a person, and we 'connect' quite quickly, it's just that it so rarely happens - perhaps with about five people in my whole life (I'm in my 40s).

PinkiOcelot Mon 25-Mar-19 18:02:27

Yep. Me!

FullOfJellyBeans Mon 25-Mar-19 18:09:57

Yep, this is me.

Samind Mon 25-Mar-19 18:12:26

Awe this makes me sad!! It's never your faces! It's an environment that needs to adapt to all sorts of different people. It's a shame you feel like that. I will understand what you're saying though. Working environments have all sorts of politics and cliques!

ukgift2016 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:12:59

Yep, me.

Never felt I found my 'tribe' in life. At university as a mature student I have tended to switch between groups/people.

In the end I have sorta given up in social settings and accepted I am an outsider but will always be friendly towards others etc.

hadenoughofthisrollercoaster Mon 25-Mar-19 19:19:50

I'm pretty much the same, always feel like I don't just fit in! People always say to my kids/husband after meeting me for the first time, your mum/wife is lovely, but I never feel that way and my work life has been horrendous - doesn't matter how pleasant I am in most jobs I get excluded and in some cases bullied.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »