Talk

Advanced search

What do I do?

(6 Posts)
Candycrush426 Mon 25-Mar-19 17:18:34

A bit of a backstory.

I got married in July last year, I met my husbands friends wife two months after. His friend is a family friend if that makes sense. His parents and my husbands parents have know each other 20 odd years and the families are pretty close.

I had only met my husbands friends wife twice but she took my number at a mutual friends wedding as she didn’t know anyone in the area. So we exchanged numbers.

We spoke probably a handful of times. She then texts me saying her husbands cheating on her and what should she do. I didn’t feel I was in the best place to give her advice as id only met her twice and plus her husband was a family friend. I advised her to speak with her parents and see what they suggested was best to do.

She decided to leave him in November. Today she has sent me videos and pictures of her ex-husband cheating on her back when they were together. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this? I hadn’t spoken to her since she left in November. I’m yet to open the chat, but I don’t understand what she wants me to do? I’m guessing she wants to show proof she was right?

Any help would be appreciated. I feel stuck as her ex husbands family and my in-laws are close. The last thing I want to do is cause friction.

Ironymaiden Mon 25-Mar-19 17:21:59

She’s probably hurting and wants others to see the “real” man she married. I don’t think she expects you do to anything really. Probably wants it to get back to him, maybe hopes it turns his friends against him. Who knows?

I’d be kind to her, she could very well be alone. But, I wouldn’t engage her too much, I wouldn’t get involved between them or take sides.

Catsinthecupboard Mon 25-Mar-19 17:24:08

Tell her that you're willing to be her friend (if you want to be) but you don't feel comfortable being in the middle.

I once desperately needed a friend to confide in and the woman said, "why tell me?"

Please be more kind than that.

It will probably do her good to have a friend who talks about other things. I hope.

Just don't take sides. She might use your words against you by sending them to the parents, etc.

Leeds2 Mon 25-Mar-19 17:28:53

Have you told your husband about all of this? What has his reaction been?

Candycrush426 Mon 25-Mar-19 17:34:48

He was totally against what his friend did, but he told me to not get involved because it could make things messier. He doesn’t know about the messages today as he’s still at work.

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 25-Mar-19 17:42:10

I would just respond with 'I'm so sorry you had to see that, that must have been awful for you'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »