Talk

Advanced search

To think Johnny depp

(78 Posts)
Smotheroffive Mon 25-Mar-19 15:12:10

Is abusive based on evidence at trial that he is now refuting.

Am I right in thinking he's now suing his own previous legal team and Amber for defamation of character (for being called abusive)?

Shimy Mon 25-Mar-19 15:16:58

Can't help imagining Vanessa Paradis looking at the headlines and thinking, 'Thank God!', whilst smiling to herself.

Nofilter101 Mon 25-Mar-19 15:17:32

Yabu

WeepingWillowWeepingWino Mon 25-Mar-19 15:18:12

I loathe him, his casting has ruined Fantastic Beasts for me.

Smotheroffive Mon 25-Mar-19 15:19:57

Same weeping
Confused as he was proven abusive in original case.

Care to expand nofilter

frustratedindivorce Mon 25-Mar-19 15:21:50

Whilst I think Amber Heard was probably a very difficult and fiery woman herself (by that I do not mean that she was responsible in any way for anything which he did to her), I believe that Johnny Depp is a perpetrator of domestic violence. I've never understood his loyal following and all the hype.

RabbityMcRabbit Mon 25-Mar-19 15:36:11

YANBU, I can't bear him

Smotheroffive Mon 25-Mar-19 15:54:29

I don't understand it either, and really wonder at it.

He makes me feel creeped out too.

To me,its like the MJ except being called on it and getting caught,the obvious reaction is to sue everyone's arse for defamation and to get his 'good' name established.

I don't have proof, I just think he's weird and creepy, which is hardly evidence, but there must have been substantial evidence for an order to be issued against him

Pinkiii Mon 25-Mar-19 17:45:10

The thing with him and his fans are they are crazy!

They could be a video of him punching amber and they would still deny is abusive and blame her.

He has a history of violence, (not domestic) so i don’t understand why people would find it a stretch that he would abuse his wife when he is in that state.

nuttybutter Mon 25-Mar-19 17:56:22

I'm no JD fan but Amber Heard admitted under oath to being physically violent towards Johnny Depp. She severed his middle finger.

nuttybutter Mon 25-Mar-19 17:57:52

Vanessa Paradis has been publicly supporting him

Smotheroffive Mon 25-Mar-19 17:57:56

Yes I'd heard about the finger,but it aounds extremely far-fetched that a vodka bottle ripped a finger off...doesn't it!!??

Smotheroffive Mon 25-Mar-19 17:58:31

Yes, clever Vanessa, laughing now, with relief!

sailorcherries Mon 25-Mar-19 18:01:00

Has there not been almost 100 pieces of new evidence, as well as countless witnesses coming forth, claiming that she was in fact the abusive spouse?

Had she not been abusive to an ex in the past?

I'm on no one's side there is his, hers and then the truth.

nuttybutter Mon 25-Mar-19 18:02:04

You think it's far fetched that broken glass can cut skin?

nuttybutter Mon 25-Mar-19 18:02:47

Yes lots of new evidence and she has admitted under oath that she was physically abusing him

CuriousaboutSamphire Mon 25-Mar-19 18:03:37

I've said it before and been chastised but I suspect they are both domestic abusers, neither one better than the other!

But I don't think either if them are weird, creepy or give off any scary vibes... mainly cos if/when they do they are acting. Other than that I don't know them.

Oh, I do know she has a history of lying and trying to deflect blame for her violence, so I wouldn't be rushing to say I believed her whole story. But I don't fully disbelieve her either!

DoneLikeAKipper Mon 25-Mar-19 18:05:30

Vanessa Paradis has been publicly supporting him

Yes, I’m unaware she has ever alluded to him being violent towards her? Or is she also deluded to her own relationship with him if she’s being supportive?

I’m not sure on the JD situation. He and AH seemed to have a volatile relationship. However, as far as I know it’s only her that’s ever been arrested on domestic assault charges in the past? Very happy to be corrected on that.

Smotheroffive Mon 25-Mar-19 18:10:09

I am just struggling to see how that can happen nutty

It would have to be already broken. It seems like quite the freak accident for that to happen from having a bottle thrown because of the force required (speed of glass required) to actually severe a finger.

I mean if you trod on broken glass yes, but when did it break?

joyfullittlehippo Mon 25-Mar-19 18:11:01

No, Heard wasn’t abusive to an ex.

Depp has frequently talked about how he has serious alcohol and drug addiction issues dating almost his entire life, and lifelong rage issues. Even brags about how he gets “hillbilly rages” during which he bites and tries to eye gouge people.

He said Paradis was very good at managing his rages and talking him down off the ledge before he could hurt anyone. He was arrested/sued for assault a couple of times during their relationship (not assaulting her, assaulting a third party) including beating up a pap while on a date with her. So at the very least she witnessed him being violent to others. But fortunately she was good enough at “managing” his rages that she was able to stop him before she could be a target herself.

YouSayPotatoesISayVodka Mon 25-Mar-19 18:11:46

I’ve often wondered if Vanessa paradise supports him publicly because he is the father of her children, regardless of what he’s done. I think that’s understandable.

Assuming he is guilty of being abusive. And I believe him to be.

DoneLikeAKipper Mon 25-Mar-19 18:13:10

He said Paradis was very good at managing his rages and talking him down off the ledge before he could hurt anyone.

Can you cite this? Sounds like an interesting read.

CuriousaboutSamphire Mon 25-Mar-19 18:15:44

No, Heard wasn’t abusive to an ex. That may not be wholly accurate. She was arrested for hitting an ex and then played a weird blame game and had the information deleted - as you can do in America, apparently!.

joyfullittlehippo Mon 25-Mar-19 18:21:00

Simply not true.

The ex in question wrote a long article about it. She (the ex) claims that she and AH were verbally arguing in an airport and a male airport employee came over, and when he discovered they were lesbians he called the police and made a false allegation that he’d witnessed physical violence. When they police arrived they legally had to make an arrest but no charge was made. The ex is very insistent that AH never hit her and that the whole thing was motivated by homophobia.

Waitingonasmiley42 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:34:56

Joyfullittlehippo I thought it was a female officer who turned out to be a lesbian...could be wrong. I've definitely seen that version of the story.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »