Talk

Advanced search

To start a good news thread?

(46 Posts)
WooWooCocktail Mon 25-Mar-19 14:14:01

I’ll start: this week DP and I both found full time jobs after a long bout of unemployment. We’re finally back on track.

What good things have happened to you lately! 😊

mcjx Mon 25-Mar-19 14:14:56

Nothing to add unfortunately but well done! It's nice to see a positive thread on here for once thanks

RoyalChocolat Mon 25-Mar-19 15:07:22

I have lost weight and according to the bmi chart I am no longer obese.

Camomila Mon 25-Mar-19 15:11:11

Today was the first all female spacewalk smile

DS is getting over the worst of his chicken pox. Its his birthday in a few weeks so I'm glad he got them now and not then.

UterusesBeforeDuderuses Mon 25-Mar-19 15:12:41

I love seeing a bit of good news for once!

We're about to exchange contracts on our new house and DS seems to be finally getting over a 2 week long cold smile

PiggyPlumPie Mon 25-Mar-19 15:13:37

Yes, my niece is remission from cancer for the second time!

Sparklesocks Mon 25-Mar-19 15:15:34

Well done!!

I got tickets to an event I really wanted to go to despite them selling out in mere minutes

fourfuckssake4 Mon 25-Mar-19 20:28:09

I got a present from my local supermarket today wine and flowerssmile

SurgeHopper Mon 25-Mar-19 20:29:27

A kind commuter told me the train was leaving from the opposite side of the track, good job she did! I'd have missed it otherwise 🤔

Samind Mon 25-Mar-19 20:31:14

I just really enjoyed a walk in the sunshine today! Made me happy 😌

BigcatLittlecat Mon 25-Mar-19 20:31:24

I got listened to at work today!!

JaretsGirlfren Mon 25-Mar-19 20:39:53

My boss gave me a hug at work, my partner has got a job interview and I’ve finally booked myself in for the dentist when I’ve been in desperate need for about four years.

TheFurryMenace Mon 25-Mar-19 20:57:35

My niece got the keys to her council flat today, so she can finally move back to the borough where her family and friends are, and get support for her and her young child. It's their first permanent home.

TheFurryMenace Mon 25-Mar-19 20:59:56

PS; congratulations OP flowers

BillywigSting Mon 25-Mar-19 21:11:03

A friend of mine who has had a supremely shitty 18 months (including dealing with the suicide of a close family member and a very distressed (for various and very valid reasons) teenage son, has finally got a bit of good luck.

Her son is in a new school that is better suited to his needs (previously undiagnosed adhd which had led to explusion from every school in the la), she's got a new job that suits her well, and is moving out of their run down flat into a lovely house with a garden for her dogs a stones throw away from our new house.

We're moving the same week and one of her ds's and my ds are best friends, so they're both very excited to show each other their new bedrooms and have house warming parties too. They're five and it's very sweet to watch.

I got myself a charcoal toothbrush from home and bargain on a recommendation from a relative, and about two weeks later, stains I have had for years as a result of depression related grubbiness are now gone.

It's a tiny thing but they were a reminder of that dark chapter in my life and I feel like I can finally close the book on that part of my history now I don't have to look at them in the mirror every day. Only a couple of quid too.

meow1989 Mon 25-Mar-19 21:12:01

DS is back to being my smiley happy boy after yet another cold 😊

MyFavouritePlace Mon 25-Mar-19 21:13:07

Lovely to read about all these happy things. Put a smile on my miserable face.

Spicylolly Mon 25-Mar-19 21:14:17

I got the job I wanted after looking for ages and the money's good...oh and our damp chimney was removed from our roof today 😊

hdh747 Mon 25-Mar-19 21:14:18

Well done OP. And all. And what a lovely thread.
Having a tough time atm but hubby made me a bowl of custard. And I like custard. smile

GaryWilmottsTeeth Mon 25-Mar-19 21:21:14

It was DD’s first parents evening and her teacher said really lovely things about her.
And I found out I’m expecting a surprise DC3 yesterday, I’m still in shock but keep finding myself with a great big grin.

hatetheschoolrun Mon 25-Mar-19 21:23:08

My boss who's lovely and has been through so much thanked me for all my support to her. Felt really emotional she's my work mum

hatetheschoolrun Mon 25-Mar-19 21:23:46

This is a lovely thread

AmericanHousewifeFan Mon 25-Mar-19 21:31:27

Congratulations OP thanks Great idea for a thread.

I'm self-employed and finally getting on top of work (lots of red tape) and felt less stressed today than I have in years smile

Happynow001 Tue 26-Mar-19 09:26:22

@GaryWilmottsTeeth * And I found out I’m expecting a surprise DC3 yesterday, I’m still in shock but keep finding myself with a great big grin.*

Congratulations! 😀🌹

blackcoffeeinbed Tue 26-Mar-19 09:34:32

I had my dating scan yesterday with my 🌈 baby, they are doing amazingly well and for the first time so far I feel more excited than fearful😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: