Talk

Advanced search

Holiday cottage changing rules to allow pets

(104 Posts)
notwoof Mon 25-Mar-19 11:58:02

I've got a holiday place booked for August. I always book places that don't allow pets as DH is allergic to dogs.

Email today from holiday lettings place 'good news you cottage now allows pets'!

I don't care how well they clean it if a dog has been in there before us DH will have streaming eyes all week.

So now I don't want to stay there. Rang them and they basically said tough shit, if you cancel you lose all your money.

AIBU they changed the rules therefore they should let me cancel!?

Kennehora Mon 25-Mar-19 18:06:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lockheart Mon 25-Mar-19 18:11:35

Lots of service dog users DO take it into account @Kennehora because they're so used to being discriminated against in every other way of life.

Suggesting that they should restrict where they holiday because they have a service dog (which is equivalent to a wheelchair, not a pet!) is just an extension of that discrimination. They shouldn't have to at all.

JustHereForThePooStories Mon 25-Mar-19 18:13:15

I have a dog who we take on holiday so always book dog-friendly accommodation.

If I was contacted to say the house I’d booked was no longer accepting pets, I’d demand a refund as a change to their booking terms has meant it no longer meets my requirements.

I’m with you on this one, OP.

Ihatehashtags Mon 25-Mar-19 18:21:58

Could you go two weeks earliest at a discounted rate so there definitely hasn’t been any cats or digs there before you go? I’d ask for that or your money back entirely. If they say no then can you take them to the small claims court?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »