Talk

Advanced search

AIBU

(5 Posts)
Cleanupthekitchen Mon 25-Mar-19 08:43:37

I am a grandmother and also a mother. I lost my son of 39 years a year ago. He is the father of my grandchildren. His ex wife their Mother is saying I cannot see them because I remind them too much of their father. They are 13 and 15. Am I being unreasonable to expect to see them?

mrsdavys Mon 25-Mar-19 08:46:10

That’s horrible OP, I feel for you. What a horrid thing of her to say.
Not sure what can be done though as I think grandparents have no legal right to see their GC.

Madratlady Mon 25-Mar-19 08:55:53

If that’s their wish (the children’s) I think maybe you should respect it for now, they’re grieving too. Can you stay in touch by sending birthday/Christmas/postcards etc, let them know they’re in your thoughts and you’d love to see them when they’re ready? If you had a good relationship before they might well want to see you again in their own time.

Fluffyears Mon 25-Mar-19 09:10:55

I’d give them time but let them know you are always there. I’m so sorry for your loss.

PregnantSea Mon 25-Mar-19 10:04:58

That's awful, so sorry OP.

FWIW I'm sure that this will be temporary. They're grieving and not thinking clearly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: