Talk

Advanced search

To hide in shame?

(8 Posts)
iDontShareChocolate Sun 24-Mar-19 20:27:25

I am usually quite sharp but I don't know what happened today. I blame it on sleep deprivation.

So baby was playing up us usual last night. Around 7am I asked for DH if he could take DS away so i can rest a bit. Now, DH has been sleeping on the couch the last couple of weeks so he can get some sleep, but this morning he announced that he has been up most of the night and he wants to sleep. Fine, i took baby away and went to the living room.

Around noon I got a notification on my phone from an app i have saying something about mother's day deals. Then it hit me. IT'S SUNDAY TODAY! OMG it's mother's Day! Fuck that, I should be the one having a lying in not him!

Dog was been annoying this morning and baby was grumpy. So off i went to the bedroom with baby in my arms.

DH woke up when i entered, so i informed him it was mother's day and that he had obviously completely forgotten! I did get an 'oh shit, i am sorry, love' reaction from him and he promised to go and buy me something which actually pissed me off and i explained that all i had wanted was some extra sleep in the morning and maybe some nice breakfast. Obviously too late for either! I was in a grumpy mood after that.

Fast forward a couple of hours later, DH was looking very guilty and i was browsing on the internet when i noticed an upcoming event and the words ' Don't forget to book your place for an early Mother's Day celebration for this Thursday'. I had a very 'huh??' moment. I had to re-read that sentence a couple more times and after a quick Google search i realized my stupid, very stupid mistake.... Needless to say i wished for the earth to open and swallow me whole. blushblushblush

I had even looked on MN prior to my 'huh?' moment and i couldn't find any mother's day thread and i kept wondering what has happened! I remembered last year AIBU was full of them! <Facepalm>

I confessed my very honest ok not mistake to DH. He took it very well. Made me feel even more ashamed by how well he took it considering i was being a brat. blush
To be fair...IF it had been mother's day today i would have probably had some sympathy instead of the flaming i will probably get after i press the post button...
<Grabs fireproof jacket>

Nothininmenoggin Sun 24-Mar-19 20:30:46

grinAt least he won't forget next Sunday.

Calixtine Sun 24-Mar-19 20:35:35

Missing the point of the thread I know but...

I hope he’d been on night shift or something to think it’s ok to leave you on your own to deal with dog and baby on a Sunday while he sleeps in until noon! Why is his need to “get some sleep” so much more important than yours?

iDontShareChocolate Sun 24-Mar-19 20:35:45

Nothininmenoggin
Yep, after the 'scare' he had today i wouldn't be surprised if he put a reminder on his phone grinblush

keepforgettingmyusername Sun 24-Mar-19 20:37:36

I bought my mum flowers yesterday thinking today was Mother's Day! You're not alone!

Celebelly Sun 24-Mar-19 20:41:29

I sent flowers to my mum and gran two weeks ago thinking it was Mother's Day. I had to call and explain when I realised! I'm blaming baby brain as I have a newborn... but in reality it's because I'm a fool who doesn't check things grin

iDontShareChocolate Sun 24-Mar-19 20:42:10

calixtine
He said that he had struggled to fall sleep and was up until 4am so felt quite rough and unwell. He does take ds some mornings so i can sleep more. And i didn't mind much until i wrongly realised that this was THE day.

iDontShareChocolate Sun 24-Mar-19 20:45:48

keepforgettingmyusername Celebelly

I am glad to see I am not the only one mixing my days grin

I blame all the advertising, they keep going on and on about mother's day i kept thinking surely it's this Sunday. Must be!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »