Talk

Advanced search

Shrinkflation - Aldi loo roll

(8 Posts)
MortyVicar Sun 24-Mar-19 20:20:29

For a while now we've used Aldi 4-ply quilted loo roll. About three months ago I noticed that the tube in the middle was wider, so less paper. The pack I bought last week has the wide middle, AND the sheets are smaller.

AIBU to think that this has to stop somewhere, and prices - of a lot of things - are just going to have to go up?

rslsys Sun 24-Mar-19 21:42:03

Use both sides?

gamerchick Sun 24-Mar-19 21:43:16

Use both sides

grin

4 ply is a dream, I can only get 2 ply because of shit pipes.

wibbleee Sun 24-Mar-19 21:51:06

i noticed that a while back. Prices have crept up, quality`s not what it was (black bug in your iceburg ??). Gone back to tesco!

MortyVicar Sun 24-Mar-19 22:36:01

I probably wasn't clear in my OP - although it's Aldi loo roll that's made me think, because it's so obvious, but really it's everything and from everywhere. Even Lurpak has shrunk its pack size.

So at some point inflation, currently steady and manageable, is going to rocket.

JenMumma Mon 25-Mar-19 23:47:28

I suppose if they're gonna decrease the food then they can decrease the toilet paper.

cheesypastanow Mon 25-Mar-19 23:51:47

@JenMumma grin good point!
I've been struggling atm with money and noticed that my food budget each week doesn't go far anymore. Supermarkets (even cheaper ones like Asda or Morrisons) have less deals on healthy foods, fruit & veg is worse quality but more expensive etc.

Lidl 9 pack of loo roll has gone up from £1.99 to about £2.10!

JenMumma Tue 26-Mar-19 08:35:15

Wow that's quite a difference to be fair. I get an Iceland delivery and an Asda delivery and definitely BOTH have gone up and like you said, the quality of fruit and veg / shelf life seems to have deteriorated aswell, and too many times now for it to just be a one off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »