Talk

Advanced search

Help - party entertainers!

(12 Posts)
Lovesprideandprejudice Sun 24-Mar-19 19:12:40

I’m posting here for traffic.

I’m organising a large birthday party for my 5 year old DD.

I’ve been to so many parties that have been terrible that I’m keen for some advice.

I’m in south London/Surrey.

Thank you for any advice that you can give.

HerculesMulligan Sun 24-Mar-19 19:14:46

I've just done this - party's in early May. I've booked Gilbert Giggles who comes with strong recommendations from friends who've done this before. Other than that - I've gone for a church hall which we'll decorate a bit and I'm going to do pizza (having seen DS and his friends at a Pizza Express party, I know it'll be well received) with sandwiches and vegetable/fruit plates.

Lovesprideandprejudice Sun 24-Mar-19 19:19:16

Thank you

thewinkingprawn Sun 24-Mar-19 19:21:29

We have used dazzle and fizz before - we are in Hampshire but they are based all over London Surrey and Hampshire. They have always provided amazing entertainers and whatever theme we wanted. Not cheap but excellent!

Lovesprideandprejudice Sun 24-Mar-19 19:27:36

Thank you too

checkingforballoons Sun 24-Mar-19 19:32:34

Have you got a theme or particular sort of entertainment that you would like? And can you be more specific on area? I might be able to make some suggestions smile

GookledyGobb Sun 24-Mar-19 19:45:07

Twizzy - children’s entertainer. She runs the whole thing, does lot sof different things so they don’t get bored (balloons/magic show/face painting/games/disco). Brilliant

Lovesprideandprejudice Sun 24-Mar-19 21:53:16

Thank you

No theme but really want good quality entertainment that the children will love.

FullOfJellyBeans Sun 24-Mar-19 22:00:35

I live in the south and the regular entertainer is Mr Marvel. (It's a chain but they all do a similar show). It was great and perfect for 5 year olds, they were entranced the entire time.

Leighhalfpennysthigh Sun 24-Mar-19 22:01:51

My sister used a chap from a company called smarty arty. He's an actor and does magic tricks, jokes, dancing and generally being a bit bonkers. I think he's called Tony. The company is based in the midlands, but she's around London and they definitely seem to cover that.

MerQueennotMaid Sun 24-Mar-19 22:31:46

Seconding Mr Marvel. The kids loved him at 2 parties his year.
(Some are Miss Marvel too I believe)

Lovesprideandprejudice Fri 12-Apr-19 20:20:32

Thanks so much. Am going to research each but tending towards a magician with a disco.

Still researching so any other recommendations are warmly welcomed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »