Talk

Advanced search

To ask for Goodreads friends?? Who can recommend me books?

(15 Posts)
MessyMummy15 Sun 24-Mar-19 16:55:57

Have recently become hooked on goodreads. Love comparing books and talking about what I've been reading but none of my friends are big readers. :/
Is there anyone with a similar taste in books to me?

I like mixed genres from thrillers to classics to chick lit.

Am currently reading SNAP! By Belinda Bauer

Have recently read:
Kiss kiss by Roald Dahl (Classic)
Destination Thailand by Katy Collins (chick lit)
Look behind you by sibel hodge (thriller)
Into the water by Paula Hawkins (thriller)
Why mummy swears by gill Simms (comedy)

ShadowMane Sun 24-Mar-19 16:56:52

I just use the 'books like this' to find new books

TheKitchenWitch Sun 24-Mar-19 16:58:34

I love Goodreads, I find if you rate lots of books you've already read then it gives you really good recommendations.

TheKitchenWitch Sun 24-Mar-19 16:59:38

There are also some great groups on there which you can join and get more suggestions.

francienolan Sun 24-Mar-19 21:15:13

I recommend

You Think It, I'll Say It by Curtis Sittenfeld
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

tor8181 Sun 24-Mar-19 21:40:17

i look under lists and go from there

i read supernatural/horror based YA books and if theres anything i fancy i look on google play or be naughty and look on downloading sites and 95% of the time i get free books

i always use the yearly challenge as well and read 350 books last year and this year im down for 375 and since 1st of jan have completed 111 so far

Sweetheart1313 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:31:48

It's not Goodreads, but if you're on Facebook there's a great group called 'Lost in a good book', where people review and recommend books of different genres

steff13 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:35:19

I love Goodreads. I just finished Where the Crawdads Sing, it was really good.

steff13 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:36:33

I like the Beard books by Penny something. I'll think about it. I'm not a romance fan, but these are smart and funny.

steff13 Sun 24-Mar-19 22:37:39

Penny Reid.

Dinnaehinksae Sun 24-Mar-19 23:10:59

@steff13 Penny Reid is pretty great, she does write books that are a bit more than a typical romance. I can highly recommend the knitting in the city books by her too.

steff13 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:17:54

I've only read the first of the Knitting in the City series. The Beard books take place in the same universe; Ashley from the knitting books is the sister of the Winston boys in the Beard books. I'd leave my husband for Cletus Winston. 😉

Dinnaehinksae Tue 26-Mar-19 09:59:44

Yeah, Ashleys book pretty great too. If you're ever looking for recommendations of similar books you should check out the sharks of awesome group either in goodreads or Facebook.

TheKitchenWitch Tue 26-Mar-19 17:31:42

tor8181 😵😵😵
Bloody hell!

Lllot5 Wed 27-Mar-19 12:12:02

I started Snap last night only read a few pages but so far so good. I expect you’ve read these already if you like crime/thrillers but you can’t beat P D James.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »