Talk

Advanced search

To want to leave my job?

(7 Posts)
Wellmeetontheledge Sun 24-Mar-19 16:45:20

I’m mid twenties with no children. I’m in a secure job which pays well and has good holidays. It’s also a very full on and stressful job with very long hours. Mentally I find this hard to cope with and am currently miserable. I want to change jobs, however this will involve taking a substantial pay cut and having less holiday. Am I stupid to want to leave?

Finfintytint Sun 24-Mar-19 16:52:01

If it is affecting you mentally and you can afford to earn less then why not?
Can you change any of the stresses?

Wellmeetontheledge Sun 24-Mar-19 17:04:34

I’ve tried but there is limited scope to change anything concrete. I would need to completely change the way I view things instead which I am trying but it’s not being very successful.

Finfintytint Sun 24-Mar-19 17:14:05

I left a very stressful job after 20 years but I had a back up plan to allow a lesser income. I had savings and could cash buy a smaller house and severely reduced my outgoings. I’m so much happier. Play the long game. You may have to put up with shite for a few years to allow you to escape comfortably later on.

Sapphire387 Sun 24-Mar-19 17:24:47

YANBU. If you can afford to do it then life is too short not to be happy.

SalemShadow Sun 24-Mar-19 20:33:38

Leave your job it's not worth it.

Pinotjo Sun 24-Mar-19 20:37:47

Leave, I hate my job and dearly wished I'd left 10+ yrs ago, trapped now by my age and predicted pension, you're young, you'll survive, good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »